Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Guest Designing at Color Hues Challenge

I'm delighted to be the Guest Designer for Color Hues, thanks to winning their Pink and Silver Challenge with my poinsettia card.  Such a surprise and honor!  
I think you're going to really like Challenge #79:  Copper and Green.  Remember, you can use any hues of the two colors and neutrals are welcome.  
I started by embossing one of my favorite background stamps, PFS Lush Vines, on black watercolor paper using my very old JudiKins Metallic Copper embossing powder.  Then I painted the leaves with Altenew Metallic watercolors.  I used one of the green watercolors as is and mixed a lighter one with a color I thought would give it a copper tinge.  The little dots were glittered using a Quickie Glue Pen and Elizabeth Crafts Sweet Basil.  I gave up trying for a better picture after what seemed like 100 attempts--haha!  Hopefully, you can get an idea of the look in this angled shot.  You can see the shimmer and shine in my IG post.
I painted a vellum scrap for the branches from PFS Dainty Blossoms diecuts, as well as an oval cardstock diecut, also from a scrap.  The edges of the card front and a sentiment from PFS Perfect Sentiments were copper embossed to match.  Hope I've inspired you to join the challenge.  Check out the blog for lots of inspiration from the talented DT.  I'm entering PFS January Challenge using the August challenge theme of Sparkle and Shine and SSS Monday 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. Greta, your copper + green Lush Vines are beautiful!, especially against the black background! The friend receiving this will be delighted! Wonderful to have you guest designing with us over at Colour Hues!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lush Vines is one of my Top 10 Pinkfresh products, and it worked beautifully here. I love the metallic watercolors as well! We're as delighted to have you as a Guest as you are to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, COngrats on your win and GD gig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Greta - congrats on being Color Hues Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparkle is def tricky to photograph Greta, but you mix of metallic watercolours and the black works so well. So great to have you as our GD this time at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta, congrats on the GD spot. Your card with the lush vines is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your guest designer spot. Very well deserved. I love everything about this card, it is stunning. I saw the shine on your instagram post too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being the guest designer, Greta! Your card is so elegant and the perfect take on the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is full of sparkle. Congrats on your design spot. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win, Greta and your guest design gig! Your card is fantastic! I like the drama the dark background adds to your design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Greta, it is so fun to have you as our guest designer this challenge. No surprise to me that you won the pink and silver challenge your card was fabulous! Once again your card is wonderful so much shimmer and shine--just beautiful. Thank you so much for being our guest this challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I already mentioned a time or two, your card is lovely as can be! I can just imagine how this looks in real life! So happy to have you with us! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, such a beautiful card, Greta! Congrats on your GD spot! Love all the shimmer and shine and pretty color! Take care, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of the wonderful shine on your card!!!!! (You are not alone when it comes to trying to get good photographs. I struggle with shine too.) This is just lovely and we're so happy to have you here with us a Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunner of a card with those beautiful colors and big, bold sentiment too. Congrats on your GD spot, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A generic C&P comment as unable to type much (MS flare up) just to let you know I popped by to take a peek.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your GDT, Greta, your card is stunning. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greta, you've created one gorgeous card! Love those Altenew Metallic paints and they add such soft, beautiful color to the leaves. Thank you so much for joining us as guest DT, it is such a pleasure having you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Little behind on my blog commenting, but couldn't let this beautiful card go by without commenting on it! That PFS Lush Vines plate is SO pretty and looks fabulous in the copper Greta, and the metallic paints provide even more shimmer and shine to this lovely, lovely card! Thanks so much for guesting with us and inspiring our players...we truly appreciate it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.