Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Floral, Snowflakes and a Valentine

I have three very different cards to share today.  First is the card I made for the January Altenew Inspiration Challenge.  Have to admit, I tend to reach for products I find easier to use.  But this time I wanted to see what I could do with my neglected Altenew's Handpicked Bouquet. 
It has an outline image with solid images to "color" it in.  The solid stamps are actually fairly easy to line up when you use a dark ink for the outline.  I pulled out inks as close as I could get to the inspiration colors: Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue, PTI Blueberry Sky, CN9 Sprout and PTI New Leaf.  I added white gouache splatters to the bouquet and attached it to another diecut for stability.  The background was made with a brown scrap and Altenew Deck Planks embossing folder.  I carefully added some random areas of white pigment ink and wiped with a paper towel.  Really love how it changed the look, just a bit.  I die cut Altenew Fancy Hello diecut from Blueberry Sky cardstock and attached it slightly offset to a white diecut.  Hero Arts sequins were just the right shade.  I may use this for a birthday card.  I'm also entering Inspired By...Blue
Next is a white on white Christmas card with a touch of gold for Christmas Kickstart.  I used 2 of my newest products which I really love.  
SSS Fanciful Flurries embossing folder was used on a white panel which I then mounted to a white card.  A drop of Goldenrod Stickles was added to each snowflake center.  Birch Press Handwritten Merry Christmas and Outline die was cut from the same white cardstock and stacked 2 high.  I used vellum for the shadow diecut.
I know some of you may have seen more snowflakes than you wanted to, but hopefully you can enjoy seeing paper ones. 
My long-time friend, Lisa, has a beautiful mood board for inspiration at Just Us Girls.  I was immediately drawn to the gray heart pillow in the top center photo.  I thought I had gray felt, but turns out I have just about every other color--haha! 
Instead I used a very old slightly textured gray cardstock to die cut Memory Box Grand Heart.  In the same container of old paper, I found white velvet.  You can't tell in a photo, but in person the Memory Box Bingham Heart diecut has that wonderful soft texture.  I used the same gray paper for the background which I made by stamping Sweet 'n Sassy Knit Background lightly in white pigment ink.  The gray panel was added to a scalloped Elizabeth Crafts rectangle as a nod to the edging of the pillow in the photo.  Plus, I love scalloped edges!  I stamped my old wood mounted Savvy Stamps sentiment in Versafine Clair Nocturne, added PRS splatters with white pigment ink and attached tiny pearls to some of the flower centers.  The heart was backed with heavy weight cardstock to raise it slightly off the background.  I'm going to need a wedding card soon, so may use this design in the wedding colors.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



15 comments:

  1. Oh I just LOVE your take on the moodboard. I really loved this one. Your heart die is wonderful, and the two gray inside and outside look wonderful. The white scalloped frame brings it all together. A really gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card on CKC and just had to come see it. I love the white on white. Gorgeous card. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how many times I almost bought the Handpicked Bouquet! Love what you've done with is Greta. Your Christmas card is so pretty and elegant. But it's your Just Us Girls entry that I'm in love with! Oh my goodness, where to begin... it's all just perfect! The softness of the 'knitted background', the delicate floral heart, all of the shades of gray... SWOON!! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cards Greta. Love what you've done with your Handpicked Bouquet. It is beautiful as is your white Christmas card. And adore your Valentine card - it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue flowers and the wood, lurve the snowflakes and your heart with all the texture is marvellous, all three pieces of wonder Greta. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three gorgeous cards, Greta - just love the background you created on card one for your floral spray! Elegant white on white with the gold dots for card two - thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart!! And the grey looks amazing with white on card three - just like the pillow in the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A trio of beautiful cards, Greta! The highlight for me was the gorgeous one shared over at Just Us Girls; a fabulous take on the image that caught your eye! Congratulations on being a winner over at JUGS; well-deserved, my friend!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your trio of cards. To me there is nothing more beautiful and serene than a white on white Christmas card, but the flowers with the blue hello and that decorative heart make wonderful creations too. Nice job on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta, a lovely combination of cards. Your altenew entry is lovely with the blue and the planking. The white on white is fabulous, love that sentiment script. Your Valentine is super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three beautiful cards, Greta. Love the heart one with all the texture. BTW, in answer to your question: I foiled first and stenciled over it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards. All very different but equally special xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and elegant set of cards, Greta! Congrats on being the winner of the week at JUGs with your wonderful Valentine's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful selection of cards, Greta! The pops of gold on your CKC are perfect. That's the embossed pattern you kindly sent to me - you'll have to look out for it at next month's Christmas kickstart! Thanks for joining Linda and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A belated visit and a C&P comment I'm afraid as MS preventing me doing much still, but can at least take a peek at what everyone is creating.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great collection of cards. Hmm, maybe i should try a white on white card with all my pieces that I now have cut out ready to use. food for thought. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.