Tuesday, February 6, 2024

More Valentines

I've had so much fun making Valentines this year.  A couple challenges want red and pink cards which I'm not sure I've made in the past.  Decided it'd be fun to use IO Lacy Hearts die.  
I decided to use Distress Oxides candied apple and kitsch flamingo, so I inked a white panel with each one.  Then I die cut the panels, saving all the little heart pieces and tossing out the rest.  I didn't look closely at the die and was thinking the little hearts were all the same.  That is definitely not the case--haha!  I started with putting the pink hearts into the red panel.  I'm not very good at puzzles, so it took me awhile.  But I wasn't about to give up and love the end result.  It was a bit quicker to put the red hearts into the pink panel, since I had the other one for reference.  
I wanted a subtle shimmery background, so painted white metallic watercolor onto 2 slightly smaller white panels--so pretty in person.  SSS Simple Happy Valentine's Day words were die cut from black and the shadow from vellum.
I'm entering the pink with red hearts at Just Us Girls and SSS Wednesday.  I'm entering the red with pink hearts at Color Hues.

I also made a non-traditional Valentine for a special friend who likes the color green.  I used my very old rubber brayer to ink the flat side of Memory Box Blooming 3D embossing folder with Pigment Craft Co Eucalyptus ink.  I love that shade of green, but hard for me to photograph.  Before adding the white panel to the folder, I die cut the shadow from the SSS sentiment set I used above.  The inking worked great and I'll definitely use this technique again.  
I inked a scrap with the Eucalyptus to put behind the shadow opening.  The words were die cut from white scraps, stacked and covered with a shimmer pen.  You can see the shimmer in my IG post.  I'm entering SSS Wednesday.
Edited to add:  Also entering Die Cut Divas.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



17 comments:

  1. Great die cut and embossed creations, Greta. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of Valentine cards, Greta! I think I might have been tempted to ditch the little hearts too, good for you to stick with it and piece them in! Love your non-traditional colors on the floral Valentine, so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That big Valentine sentiment works beautifully on each one of your cards. I love the pink and red combos but that soft green color is stunning! NJ on al of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, I particularly love the pink version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always great when you can make an extra card with all the leftovers. I would have thought the hearts were all the same too, Greta, but you did a great job piecing it all together. Thanks for sharing your valentines with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's day, Greta. I love your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These three display how versatile distress ink can be and my what patience piecing all those hearts, so pretty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three stunning cards Greta. Love you to heart cards - such pretty colours and the soft green colour of the third one is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three beauties, Greta - love the red/pink heart duo and the soft greens on card three!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for sticking with the die cut inlaying. It was well worth it. They look amazing. I love the green embossed card too. what a good idea to cut the word shadow die out of the panel. I love that green too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards, but there is something that catches my eye with the soft green colors and embossing in the third card. So feminine and stunning. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, you know how much I like the last card! It is so pretty in real life. Your puzzle-piecing sure paid off on the first two cards. They are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lacy heart is so beautiful but the shimmer paint doesn't show up in the pictures but I can picture the shine. So much patience to add those tiny hearts in and they look so pretty even though you are probably blind right now! That subtle green is lovely with the embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. At first glance those little hearts do all look like they are the same size. I am really loving the green card though. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your lacy hearts die cards are gorgeous, Greta! And, love the pretty green color with the beautiful embossed flowers on your second card! Have a great week, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great way to make a couple of cards quickly, a great look. Love the subtle green of your third card too. Thanks for joining in at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greta the IO cover die created two fantastic cards and the green valentine for your friend I`m sure looks so lovely, it does in the pictuer. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.