Sunday, December 3, 2023

2 More Cards

Again I have a friendship card & a Christmas card to share.  First up is the card I sent for the monthly card exchange I participate in.  Wasn't sure how TE Create in Quads: Ever Bloom would look using only shades of purple, which was one of the challenge options. 
I only used the part of the stencils that make a center bouquet and daubed on Altenew inks Wisteria, Hydrangea, Ultraviolet & Andromeda.  Turns out I like the look & can't wait to try some other colors.  I added details with a white gel pen & used pearls for embellishment. 
The black mat was embossed with SSS Refracted folder & the sentiment was stamped in the darkest purple.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.

I love Birch Press products & can't resist a good sale with free shipping!  I also broke my "no more poinsettias" rule, but I'm not sorry!😊The top layers were brushed with Distress Oxides aged mahogany & pumice stone and were brushed with a shimmer pen. 
You can see the gorgeous shimmer in my IG postKelly Lunceford inspires me with cards that have lots of elements without looking cluttered.  That's what made me add the CN9 branches die cut from vellum.  Amazing what a difference it made!  The stamen was colored dark gray, covered with Nuvo Glaze & topped with a silver dot. 
Everything was glued only in the middle for a lot of dimension.  Birch Press Handwritten Christmas & Outline was die cut from vellum & silver metallic cardstock.  The PTI Smokey Shadow mat was die cut with AJVD rectangle.  I'm entering Color Hues, SSS Wednesday, Snippets Playground (vellum scraps used) & Time Out.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


19 comments:

  1. I love both cards, Greta, and was so happy to see you in the Color Hues gallery with that stunning poinsettia! It was definitely worth breaking your "no more poinsettias" rule. The coloring you did is gorgeous and the vellum branches are a wonderful addition. Every little detail adds up to one delightful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more cards that are both beautiful, Greta! I like the elegance the gray backgrounds add. I think that pretty poinsettia was worth breaking the rules for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Greta - I came to see your card chain creation - what a gorgeous embossing folder you used on the background and such a lovely softly colored floral image in the purples! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Greta. The poinsettia is simply stunning. And your other card is just as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your CCC is so soft & pretty in those colors! The poinsettia is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done cards. Both are soft and fitting for the occasion.

    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta, I can see why you had to add one more poinsettia to your stash. This could not be any prettier! I love the vellum shadow on the sentiment too. Your other card is pretty as well with the dark background! Thanks for playing at Color Hues and Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two stunning cards Greta. Love the design of each but the gorgeous poinsettia has stolen my heart!

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse for refreshments later xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poinsettia is gorgeous, Greta, and I never would have thought to use Aged Mahogany. You must have a light touch when inking. The vellum sprigs look great with it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards, as eve, but I particularly like your CCC card. That stencilled bouquet looks amazing on the dark embossed background xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely cards Greta, very pretty CCC card

    ReplyDelete
  12. The embossing on the 1st card is really eye catching along with the purple flowers and the poinsettia card is just gorgeous too! NJ on both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are fabulous Greta - the snippets poinsettia is breathtaking. So, so pretty - being a love of anything pink it called to me immediately. What a super idea to use the vellum for the foliage - one to remember here! And it's so lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground - you've been missed!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards, especially the pink poinsettia one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greta, both cards are so beautiful, with their dark backgrounds really accentuating the florals, but I have to say the poinsettia card is the one that made me swoon! The dimension and added sprigs really made a beautiful design. Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues for the final 2023 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. both cards are beautiful, but i have to say that i'm a bit more partial to the second card. it is just gorgeous, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That poinsettia shine brilliantly in pink and all the elements just sing beautifully in our challenge colors! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous stenciling in the CCC colors, Greta, and I love your poinsettia!! I decided I had too many poinsettias too but Arlene sent me a few cuts from that die!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm extremely late to this one Greta, we spent most of last week without internet and I never caught up properly. The lilac flowers look pretty against the grey and the sofly coloured Poinsettia loovely.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.