Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Final August Challenges

Decided to make one more card for August challenges.  This one definitely took some patience, which I've been learning with one arm in a sling.  I love the colors for the August Altenew challenge.  Turned out I have some beautiful greener teal cardstock in a container of old 8 1/2 x 11sheets I bought years ago.  Unfortunately, in spite of numerous attempts, I can't get a picture to show the deep greenish blue color.   
Love Altenew Leafy Border die, but haven't used it much.  Thought it would be pretty to have the tan & beige behind it.  Pulled out several ink pads & decided Memento Peanut Brittle & Altenew Pink Sand were very close to the challenge colors.  I smooshed them onto a piece of mixed media paper with one ink across the bottom part that would show & the other across the top with just a bit of overlap.  I did the same thing to the scrap I used for Altenew Essential Sentiment Strips die.  The foliage was brushed with a shimmer pen & I added tiny old gems that were just the right color.  You can see the shimmer & sparkle in the IG video HERE.  I'm also entering SSS Monday challenge.
Thank you so much for taking time to stop by.  I really appreciate it & will hopefully soon be back to commenting on your blogs.



10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Greta! I love the simplicity of your design and you nailed the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Greta. Love all that bold teal with the soft colours behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teal colours really contrast well against the sepia tones Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your one arm designs are stunning, Greta. I love to see your lovely creations for three more sling weeks. Then the sky is the limit with both arms! This is so pretty and I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors look amazing to me and I love the die-cut detail on this pretty card! Very pretty and not bad for a one-armed creation *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very beautiful, I love the design and how you used the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous use of that color combo, Greta - love the beige backing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely take on the color combo, Greta. Despite your arm being in a sling you have created some very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So So pretty, Greta. You've d one nicely in the sling had you not said I wouldn't see it in your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, can't believe you are crafting with one arm in a sling. And doing it quite well I might add. Very pretty leafy die and beautiful card. Looks like you are doing well. BTW, I have a Triplet update on my blog if you get a chance to stop by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.