Friday, August 18, 2023

JUGS August Guest Designer, Week 3 card

Prescheduled post:
I'm back with another card as the August GD for JUGS.  This is Photo/Mood Board Week and there are lots of ways to be inspired.
Here's a larger picture so you can see more details.  There's clearly a summery, beachy feel, but I went in a different direction.
The card or notebook under the sunglasses caught my eye with the 6 different patterned squares.  I thought it'd be the perfect design to make use of a beautiful Prima paper pad I've had a long time.  I'm not good at putting patterns together, but experts always say it's done for you when you use papers from a coordinated pad.
I really had fun choosing 6 of the designs & what part of each one I wanted to cut with a small square die.  I did use some of the colors in the inspiration photo: gray, blue, pinkish & light tan.  Took me awhile to decide on the order & then I mounted the squares on a PTI Weathervane rectangle.  Another paper from the Prima pad had a soft textured look & I thought the color worked great for the mat.  Poppystamps Scribble Hello was die cut from Weathervane & the printed paper, stacked and covered with glaze.  
Wasn't planning to add gems, but these tiny ivory irridescent ones seemed to give just the right little sparkle.  Really fun to step outside my comfort zone & end up with a notecard I like!  You can find lots more inspiration from the DT and I hope to see you in the gallery.  
Update:  I'm still counting the days which are passing at a snail's pace!  I'm sure hubby feels the same with so much on him until I'm released from the sling.  Hopefully all worth it in the end.  I cannot catch up with commenting, but am determined to start fresh when I can use both hands.  Thank you for your patience & sticking with me. 

19 comments:

  1. As always a pretty design Greta. Hope your seeing improvement each day.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice pastel design Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job of putting the papers together and the design is great. I like that printed paper as the mat too. I think of you every day and just think of the healing that is going on inside that sling. Hang in there a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta...love your interpretation of the board! Subtly wonderful! Thanks so much for guesting with us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful interpretation of the picture Greta, I'm with you matching paper, but as you say, from the same pad, they must match! They do too. Love your card and hoping you are getting better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised you're able to even put a card together but you did a beautiful job with this one! Hopefully things are improving for you every day! Sending hugs and blessings your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent use of those papers and I love how you got your inspiration. Patience is the thing when you are recovering from something. You will get there in the end. In the meantime enjoy the slower pace and having someone look after you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good eye for seeing that notecard with the squares on it, Greta. It worked beautifully using the patterned paper in colors from the photo and gave our followers something else to be inspired by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Greta, the little gems are a perfect finishing touch. Hope your recovery continues to go well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew immediately what part of the photo inspired you Greta! I like the colors you pulled from it too. This is lovely. Hang in there (hubby too!) and don't worry one bit about commenting, just healing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card. Love the panels and the color choices. Fun card.

    Hugs and Blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Greta. Great take on the inspirational photo. Hope the recovery continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty and calming card, Greta! I love it! Hope the days are moving quicker now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful soft muted tones on the papers you used for your blocks design Greta! Hope your recovery continues!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a charming card with the inchies - love the patterns you combined, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unique and clever take on the inspiration board, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great use of the dp - wonderful inspired card

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you used the bits of pattern paper to create this pretty card and how you were inspired by the photo! Lovely card. Hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Apologies for commenting late; time ran away on me. The Prima papers are so pretty; perfect for your moodboard inspired card. Hope that you're out of the sling by now and preparing for - or well into - PT. Sending you loads of positive healing vibe.
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.