Monday, August 21, 2023

Pinkfresh and Poppystamps

I'm glad my friend, Betty, showed me how to make a picket fence card when I visited her before my surgery.  I came home with a card base which I made into my entry for PFS August Sparkle & Shine Challenge.  
Hubby removed the lids from my newest Lindy's Magicals powders & I did everything else.  I painted the powders on pieces of mixed media paper & used them to die cut 3 of the PFS Dainty Blossoms.  So glad I can die cut by pushing a button!  Tried to figure out a way to use a trimmer, but that was a failure.  I managed to add one-handed black splatters--the hardest part of making this card as I like to tap the brush on a skewer.  The sentiment from PFS Perfect Sentiments was already done & fit perfectly.  Just finished with my favorite CN9 black enamel dots.  There's a video in my IG post that shows the shimmer & shine.
I was also able to make a card for Poppystamps CAS August challenge.  The rectangle diecut was leftover from making my JUGS Bee card as I didn't want to waste any paint made from Lindy's Bikini Magicals powder.
I used a scrap of Memory Box black glossy cardstock for Poppystamps Dream Butterfly.  Isn't it striking against the golden shimmery background?  I'll have a short video in my IG post soon.  Very proud of myself for managing to score a 1/2 sheet of cream cardstock that was on my table.  Had to go slow & keep pushing it back into place, but it worked!  I was also able to stamp the sentiment from Poppystamps Hope and Thanks in Versafine Clair Nocturne using my Mini MISTI with a sticky sheet.  I truly thank all of you for your support & well wishes.  To finish my card, I added 3 Memory Box Fairy Jewels in just the right color to tie into the background.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground & SSS Wednesday challenge.
Typing only with my right hand takes forever, as does pretty much everything else these days.  But I know it's temporary & hopefully will be well worth it.  I'm progressing as expected.  Thank you for your continued visits, but I totally understand those who don't.  I'll leave comments as I can, but realistically, most will be after I heal.

14 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Greta. So glad you’re progressing well following your surgery.

    Thanks so much for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with your pretty butterfly card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Greta! I especially love the picket fence one!! That layout is so perfect for those gorgeous die-cut flowers! So glad you're able to do some crafting while you're recovering :) Sending lots of healing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you getting crafty ~ yay! You put those pre-made pieces to great use on both of your pretty cards, Greta. So happy you could play along at Poppystamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful, Greta, and you are amazing to be back at your craft desk and doing as much as you are! You should be really pleased with yourself ~ nothing keeps you down for long! I wish you continued smooth healing, but don't overdo, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards, Greta. Pleased to see that you are managing to get some crafting done during your recovery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Greta. Love the picket fence card. Glad you are able to get some crafting done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The design of the first is so effective Greta, but the zesty yellows of the second gorgeous. Pleased progress continues and please stop worrying about visiting us all, time will come when you heal.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you! Where there's a will, there's a way and you figured it out. Your cards are wonderful, Greta. I love the picket fence and those soft colors from the Lindy's. The butterfly pops against that bright yellow. Maybe now that he's helping, hubby might want to craft right along with you! Glad you are on track with your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are so pretty, Greta, but that picket fence card is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is good to hear you are making progress and doing what you can. Two pretty special cards. Thanks for sharing them. I particlarly like the butterfly on the sparkly yellow background xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards Greta - I'm so glad you're recovering from your surgery well. Amazing what we can do when the need to create arises! Hope all is well with Hubby and also Fritz!

    Hugs
    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could make such beautiful and "different" cards with both my hands, let alone just one. Gorgeous cards Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Greta! I love that clean butterfly - the yellow and black together.. it's a show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The butterfly card is outstanding. I love both cards but the butterfly one is just striking. The jewels add the extra special touch too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.