Friday, August 4, 2023

August Guest Designer at Just Us Girls Challenge

Prescheduled post:
I'm so honored the JUGS team chose my July Color Week card as the winner, giving me the opportunity to guest with them for the month of August.  It's time for another JUGS Color Week.  I found this combo perfect for a summery birthday card, but it could be used for any kind of card you like.  
I love wreaths, so decided to use my Gina K Wreath Builder Template with a leaf & flower from her Autumn Wreath Builder stamp set.  
I began by stamping the sentiment from GKD Sketched Wreath Builder in the center of the square using Versafine Clair Nocturne.  Then I stamped my wreath using CN9 Harbor & Clover.  I added white details with a gel pen & filled each flower center with Yellow Stickles.  I cut a thin, black mat & used a couple cardstock layers for a bit of dimension without needing extra postage.  Be sure to check out all the wonderful DT projects & I hope to see you in the gallery.
I'm recovering from left shoulder replacement surgery, but may be able to leave short comments soon.  Right now I'm pretty uncomfortable.  Thank you for all the positive thoughts, prayers and well wishes.


19 comments:

  1. I'm pleased you were able to share the pretty wreath card you created as it's lovely.

    Take care and don't rush at things.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card using those gorgeous colours Greta. Rest easy my friend and don't over do things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your GD spot for this challenge and your wreath card is just lovely. I'm amazed that you're able to even create and post a card with your recent surgery, so first and foremost just take good care of yourself until the healing is complete. Sending healing hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta, hope each day is getting better. THis is such a lovely summery wreath. You have put the colors to good use. COngrats on the GD gig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty use of the colors! Thanks for being our August Guestie. Happy recovery too

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and I love the black accents. I am very pleased to hear that the surgery went well and you are on the slow recovery road. Good luck and don't overdo it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Greta, lovely design. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this wreath and all the details you added. So happy to have you guest with us this month too! I am supposed to have shoulder surgery and am waiting until I just can't take it anymore. I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super sweet take on the color combo, greta! congrats on being the guest designer for august. a well deserved honor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used our colors from this week's challenge on this pretty wreath! So glad you are joining us this month as our Guest Designer at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, Greta. Congratulations on your win as GD. You are on a roll! Hope you are doing well with your shoulder. Get plenty of rest and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So HAPPY to have you guesting with us this month, Greta! Your debut card is as sweet as it can be. I love your pretty little wreath. Don't you worry one bit about commenting, just heal and feel better soon XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, I'm thrilled that you're our guest designer for August - and talk about a fabulous debut! Your wreath is lovely; a perfect choice for the colour combination. Sending positive energy that your shoulder surgery goes well and your recovery is rapid.
    Woofs from Lily to Fritz; hugs from me to you!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greta... love how you used your wreath builder!! Such a fun little design... you are inspiring me to pull mine out. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week... we love having you as a guestie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a feminine wreath, Greta - love it! Hope all is going well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous wreath Greta, I love the sentiment too. A fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome as our August Guest Greta. Love your beauiful soft wreath. Perfect with this weeks colours. Speedy recovery from your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your wreath with the sentiment in the center, Greta. I haven't used my wreath builder in ages. Thanks for being our guest this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.