Friday, August 11, 2023

JUGS Guest Designer, Take 2

Prescheduled post:
This is Word Week at the JUGS Challenge & the word is BEE.  I had to put on my thinking cap for this one.  
Luckily, someone gave me Spellbinders Sweet as Honey stamp set & Sweet Honeycomb Stencil--just what I needed.  Martina's mixed media ATCs always inspire me & I also love the look of a wide border around the focal point panel of a card.  Here's what I came up with. 
I stamped the honeycomb in Versafine Clair Nocturne & white embossed the cone flowers on watercolor paper.  Then I black embossed the words & the bee.  I mixed a little Bikini Lindy's Magicals powder with water & painted over the entire panel, randomly adding more color until I was happy with the look.  It softened the look of the honeycomb images, which is what I wanted.  Of course, the heat embossing resisted the paint--so fun!  The shimmer is absolutely gorgeous in person & I added sparkle with little lines & spots of gold glitter.  Plus, the wings are painted with clear shimmer, so this is a pretty blingy card!
The edges were lightly brushed with black ink before I wrapped the panel with gold thread & added 3 black enamel dots.  The thin mat was painted to match & the black card front was stenciled with VersaMark Dazzle using a finger dauber.  You might see the honeycomb image if you enlarge the photo.  So happy this challenge got me to use the stamp, stencil & Lindy's powder for the first time.  Be sure to check out all the wonderful DT cards.  Why not play along?!
My recovery from total shoulder surgery is progressing.  Only 4 weeks to go wearing the sling constantly--yay!  



21 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Greta, I love the colour palette you’ve used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous Greta. A really lovely card. Glad the recovery is progressing well

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful BEE card with all those fun details! I'm glad your surgery is behind you and the recovery is coming along well. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta...fabulous card! The background is a visual delight! Thank you so much for being out guestie at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see all the blind in person Greta! so much work and so worth it for this BEE-utiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the mixed media feel of this one, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the edges. And the little bee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the first time using the products you sure came up with a terrific card, Greta. I am always in awe of those who do mixed media. Your card has so many wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful Bee card, Greta! I can only imagine how sparkly this is in real life! Take care of yourself and make sure you don't over do it. My sister is having her shoulder re-done on the 21st, not sure if she did something wrong or what happened. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great card, beelieve me! I love the white embossed flowers against the yellow. Only four weeks doesn't sound like much but it sure limits you! I'm glad to see you here even with a preposted card. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lightly brushed edges and the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the different textures and layers you created on this pretty card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's so much to drink in on this BEEutiful card, Greta! Glad your doing well. Those four weeks will be a memory before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun card. Love the bee in the center 🐝

    ReplyDelete

  15. Fabulous card! I love that beautiful background and great design. The bee is perfect flying around the honeycombs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greta, definitely a 'sweet as honey' card in every way! The bee is certainly the star of the pretty stage. Glad to hear that your shoulder is recovering and oh, how I can empathize with the process. Sending speedy healing vibes your way!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  17. So delightful! Congrats on your GD assignment. Speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I looooooooooove this card Greta. Fabulous design. I know just how gorgeous that background is with those 'magical' powders. Love them. I too like that big border and perfect backing behind the honeycomb.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you created your background! I really like the bee but the addition of the subtle coneflowers is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous colors for your bee with his honeycomb, Greta! Congrats on being guest designer at JUGs!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely bee card. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your shoulder op. Must be very frustrating being in a sling. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.