Friday, July 28, 2023

July Challenges

One last post before my shoulder replacement surgery.  I realized our anniversary is early in September & I needed to make hubby's card while I can still use both arms. 
Woodblock Wednesday inspired me to use an old favorite heart stamp which still has the price tag, but no indication of what company made it.  I white embossed it several times using my old fashioned stamp positioner.  In the same stamp drawer I saw the love stamp made by an Oregon Company, Embossing Arts.  They've been out of business for years.  I black embossed that stamp, scored a frame & taped it off.  
I ink blended Distress Oxides lucky clover & broken china, as hubby's favorite color combo is blue & green.  The little heart was "colored" with a Gelly Roll Clear Star pen & I added black splatters.  Simple one layer card I think hubby will like.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday & WAW
The July Pinkfresh Studio challenge theme is Go Geometric.  Circles & half circles are considered geometric, so gave me a chance to use Slim Braided Circles Panel.  I knew I wanted to use my favorite Lush Vines background stamp and thought this textured green cardstock would be perfect.  It's actually a brighter kelly green in person--so pretty.  I white embossed on Bristol paper so I could use Zigs for the loose watercoloring.  This stamp is perfect for that technique, in my opinion.
The 3 sprigs from Dainty Blossoms were die cut from a white scrap embossed with HA Sparkle powder.  The sending hugs diecut from Perfect Sentiments was already black embossed & fit perfectly on this card.
Decided not to add any embellishments & just tied on a white crochet thread bow.  I'm also entering SSS Wed via IG. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  Hopefully, I'll get back into a routine of leaving comments when I'm released to use my left arm.  


13 comments:

  1. A perfect Anniversary card Greta and the other a pretty design. Wishing you all the very best with your surgery and hope you make a speedy recorvery.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love love love your anniversary card with those blended colors and big white heart! It's so CAS and beautiful with the tiny added heart within the sentiment. Love your pretty braided circles on the green card too with all those wonderful details. Sending you my very best wishes and healing prayers for a good outcome with your upcoming surgery. Hopefully your shoulder will heal quickly and life will improve for you! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful anniversary card and the Braided Circles are one of my faves! Two great cards! I hope your shoulder surgery goes well and the recovery goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards, Greta. I love the colours on the first one and pattern peeping through the circles is so pretty.
    Good luck with your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two charming cards, Greta - the heart with blended green/blue looks amazing and I love the circle windows with the delicate sprig atop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, but I really want to wish you luck for your surgery xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've left us with two beauties as you take your leave to heal from your shoulder replacement surgery, Greta! Steve will love his card! Happy Early Anniversary! And your second card made me look closer. I love the design and the awesome job you did watercoloring the tiny print! I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes and prayers for smooth healing! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Greta. Hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is not too hard! Take care my friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both beautiful Greta. Thinking of you and your surgery, take care of yourself. Thank you so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely set of cards, Greta. You will be back to crafting before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both just wonderful, Greta! I like the flourishy love sentiment on your anniversary card and those braided circles are extra pretty. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well and your recovery is an easy one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the very best, Greta! Hope it all goes well for you, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a lovely card and I hope your surgery/recovery are going well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.