Thursday, March 3, 2022

Peace and Friendship

It's wonderful to see so much support for the people of Ukraine expressed in cards.  If only our cards had the ability to bring peace.  Unfortunately, tyrants aren't easily swayed from their goals.  This is the 2nd blue & yellow card I've made & it's going to my first college roommate who has cousins in Western Ukraine.  Can only imagine how worried she is for their safety.  
I attached the blue & yellow to a white panel & then used SSS Vine Canopy embossing folder.  It's beautiful in any color!  The EH Hexagon Frame was a leftover I had already covered in glaze.  I added gold watercolor to the ends of the SSS Etched Laurel Leaves.  
The PB die cut word was stacked 2 high & covered with a shimmer pen.  Finished off with gold sequins.  I'm entering Color Hues, ModSquad & SSS Wednesday.
Here's the card I sent in February for the CCC.  Hadn't made a shaped card in awhile, so that was fun.  I used 3 ovals in the Elizabeth Craft die set & attached the 1/2 wreath die cut that was included in a previous CCC card I received from Hilary.  
I added the color with Altenew wc markers & a little water.  The very old HA sentiment was silver embossed, so the mat was die cut from silver metallic paper.
You might be able to see the silver splatters in the close up & the sweet little blue gem stickers a friend sent me long ago.  I'm entering DRU, InkspirationalSSS Wednesday & WAW.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've recently been inspired by some new to me designers.  One of my favorites is Martina.  I highly recommend checking out her work!  My entry for the PTI challenge to make a card with embossing powder was totally inspired by Martina.  I used Versafine Clair Nocturne to stamp PTI images from Watercolor Wonder, Background Basics: Geometric & Turning a New Leaf.  I also added black splatters.  Here's what it looked like when I finished.  
I embossed a white scrap with JudiKins Chameleon ep I've had for many years.  Then I die cut the little bloom from PTI Into the Blooms II 7 times.  The white die cut leaves are from PTI Garden Gild.  
The sentiment from PTI Prominent Petals was embossed with a clear matte ep I got years ago before my LSS closed.  The brand isn't listed on the bottle.  Finished off with Shimmer Pico Embellisher dots & added some cardstock layers for a bit of dimension.  
I'm calling this a mini slimline as it's 3 1/4 x 6 1/4.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday & WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


18 comments:

  1. The Peace card is stunning in bold blue and yellow. I'm making one for Ukraine today. Haven't seen an oval card for a while and yours came up beautifully. Martina's influence has ended in a modern, unique style card which I really like. I must take a look at her work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post, no more words necessary Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four wonderful cards and the Peace card is just perfect Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL are beautiful cards Greta. You should enter the one with the greens at Colorful Options! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us and if you enter at Colorful Options, thank you for that too!
    Diane DRU DT and CO DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Dies R Us}
    {Colorful Options}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Greta! I love your card for Color Hues! Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Peace card is so beautiful Greta, I love your oval half wreath so pretty and it works so well too. What a wonderful idea to use a stamp and layer flowers onto it. Love the effect Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart goes out to Ukraine and what they are going through. Your card is lovely. My mind seems to work different than most because when I saw the oval card I thought you had decorated a plastic stamp pad! That is is a pretty card and when my stamp pads dry up I know what to do with them. So clever to add the flowers to the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've gotten to the point of avoiding the news again. I am heartbroken and sick at the devastation being wrought by that narcissist. Your Ukraine card is beautiful. I am loving that large and lush oval card too. Your third card is fab as well with the fun ink blot type stamping and the sweet blooms. Take card my friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your oval card is simply stunning. Elegant design that is very eye catching. Thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, each and every one, Greta!! Love your peace for Ukraine card with the leafy frond, your stunning oval card and the artsy floral!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS cards, I love them all. You have such an eye for color and design!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Mod Squad, hope to see you back again soon. And thank you for STANDING WITH UKRAINE!!
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful set of cards! You've had some inspired time in your craft room. Love the blue/yellow card for Ukraine. That embossing folder is just fabulous, and the white leaves, frame, and sentiment combine to make a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty cards, Greta! Your lovely Peace card is beautiful. I really like the embossed textures, and the way the white die cuts pop against the bold hues. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful set of cards, greta. love the artsy feel of the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous collection of cards, Greta and I love how different they all are. My favourite is the card for Ukraine, and I share with you in wishing for peace to descend as soon as possible.
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greta every day your post so many beautiful cards! Your cards for the Ukraine are so beautiful, the die cutting and embossing are so lovely! Thank you for so much sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty variety today! Your friend will love her pretty card, the embossing if wonderful! I do hope and pray her cousins are safe. Wonderful cards, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful group of cards - all different and all so lovely and meaningful! I love your use of the Urkanian colors - such a statement of peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.