Sunday, March 13, 2022

PTI, Poppystamps & Memory Box

Yesterday I discovered Marion's Video thanks to Martina's example of the technique.  Over 20 years ago I learned to melt ultra thick embossing powder on a chipboard shape in an electric skillet.  Haven't done it in years.  Marion uses regular WOW embossing powders, a heat gun & parchment paper--no skillet needed.  You can do the technique on paper or chipboard or just peel the "skin" off the parchment paper & attach it to a card, as I did here.  You also get 2 "skins" at once.  
I used some very old powders in colors that make me think Spring.  I glued the cooled piece to a PTI Soft Stone panel.  PTI Into the Blooms II flower has 3 layers which I die cut from thin vellum.  I colored on the backs with a yellow Wonder Stix & smoothed it out with a damp brush.  The water makes the vellum curl which is just what I wanted for my ruffly looking 3D flower.  
The sentiment is PTI Hello Thick & Thin with the shadow die cut from thin vellum & the letters from white cardstock x3.  The letters were colored with a Copic that exactly matches the purple embossing powder.  I tied on yellow floss & added a yellow jewel & Rainstones.  Think this will have an Easter greeting inside.  I'm entering PTI March 7 challenge to make a card with a vellum accent & WAW.
The March challenge at Poppystamps is to use pretty papers.  I pulled out an older MME pad called On Trend.  The papers are gorgeous & I thought they'd make a great Easter card using the challenge at FMS.  
I die cut Poppystamps Easter Bunny Egg 3 times from white cardstock scraps.  Then I taped little pieces of scraps that had the colors I wanted for the paper piecing to the die & ran it through until I had what I needed.  I added a bit of color to the bunny face & shimmer to the body.  
The words from W&W sets were stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  Have to admit, this simple card took me 1/2 a day to complete, but I just love how it turned out.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground & TTTC 152 using Die Cut, Spring Colors, Floral.
The March Challenge at Memory Box is Miss You/Thinking of You.  I thought that would be perfect for another card showing support for Ukraine's fight to keep their country independent. 
The dies are 2 of my old favorites from Memory Box:  Jasmine Frame & Kaleidoscope Butterfly.  The frame was die cut from white & a shimmery yellow paper I recycled from a store bought card.  I used blue metallic cardstock for the butterfly & added matching blue pearls from my stash. 
The PTI Soft Stone card front was splattered with white gauche & the sentiment from PFS Sweet Friend Floral was stamped in Delicata Sapphire Blue.  I'm also entering WAW via Flickr & ModSquad.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


20 comments:

  1. Greta, a fabulous collection of cards. I think I love the first one...then the next takes my heart and then the third steals it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the technique, Greta and the card is oozing springtime! Your Easter card is darling from the tippy top of those polka dots to the sweet little bunny! Love the delicate frames on your final card, they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three charming cards Greta. Thanks for reminding me of the UTE technique. It turned out beautifully.
    The little bunny card totally stole my heart, it's so pretty and delicate. Finally, Memory Box dies are superb and I love what you created with this one. Fantastic all round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three fabulous cards, Greta! Just love that technique on card one (a new one to me) and what an adorable Easter bunny on card two. Gorgeous butterfly with the Jasmine frame - perfect in Ukraine colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! That wee Easter bunny card is just adorable and I love the whimsy of the polka dot paper. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards Greta. Love those soft flowers and amazing background on your first one, So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another post with three super creation Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cards and I am loving the Easter bunny snippets one especially. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. three fabulous cards Greta - will definitely give that embossing powder technique a go when I'm settled in my craft room again - thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at TicTacToe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful set of spring themed cards, greta. that embossing powder technique looks really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful spring cards! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your first card is right up my street with the technique and it is now on my to do list....Thank you x. It is so pretty and Spring like x. Adorable Easter card with the fabulous papers and cute bunny x. Such a delicate and perfect last card to show support to the brave Ukrainians and the butterfly looks so pretty. Thank you for stopping by my blog about my Uniko Shout Out Greta, I was so surprised and thrilled in equal measures x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Easter card is so cute and I like how you matched the flowers to the paper. Ukraine's card is so sweet and how sad we are having to make them. I love the look of the first card and can't wait to see the video. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, and I love the simplicity of the butterfly one. Another great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us once again over at the Mod Squad. And thanks for standing with Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello there... Thank you so much for your gorgeous card and your kind words my friend, I'm am so grateful. And seeing these beauties lifts my spirits too... I LOVE that first card! Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three fabulous cards Greta! I love the bunny for our challenge and am totally intrigued by the technique you use on the first one - I've never tried it and the effect is stunning! I think I need to search for some more info. Thanks for playing over at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards Greta - the Easter bunny card is adorable too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards, I really enjoyed those pretty colours on all of them and thank you for the info re that embossing technique. It is new to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of the sweetest Easter cards I've ever seen. Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of pretties Greta! The vellum floral, adorable bunny and clean butterfly would each be a treat to receive in the mail. All so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.