Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Easter Cards

I didn't make many Easter cards last year, but this year I'll be sending quite a few.  Here are my latest cards starting with my entry for the PTI challenge to make an Easter card.  I made a vellum stencil from Cutaway Tags: Spring die.  Came out great!  Using a sponge dauber, I inked over it with Versamark & then embossed with 3 old powders, one at a time. 
I chose pink, light gold & purple--all with glitter.  They have a beautiful iridescent sparkle when tilted in the light.  The images weren't distinct enough, so I added more Versamark to my stencil & embossed in Stampendous Moonstone ep.  Just love how it looks over the colors.  
The mat is Shape Shifters: Circle 3 die cut from pink cardstock.  The card & sentiment flag from Tag Sale: Quilted are Vintage Cream cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment from The Craft's Meow in Versafine Clair Acorn & splattered the card front with a brown Zig.
Next is my card for SSS Flickr Challenge 197 to make a Spring slimline card.  I inked SSS Bouquet of Roses stencil with SSS Apricot & Mint Green and VersaMagic Pink Grapefruit & Aquatic Splash.  Then I spread on glitter gel, which was really too dried out.  
I made it work & then asked Thermoweb how to revive it.  Would you believe, they told me to add a couple teaspoons of gel hand sanitizer & leave it capped over night.  Then stir with a metal spoon or fork.  If it's still too hard, add another teaspoon & wait again.  It was much better, but I did add another teaspoon.  I'm anxious to see how it is tomorrow. 
The sparkle really is beautiful in person.  The sentiment from an old TPC set was stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  I added white Pico Embellisher dots & attached my panel to a gray mat making a 3 1/4 x 6 1/4 card.
I recently received an order from Simply Graphic, a French company with dies I had been admiring when Cecile used them.  Shipping was about the same as a lot of companies here charge.  My good friend, Lisa Elton, is the hostess for Just Us Girls where the challenge is to use this gorgeous color combo:  Ivory, Soft Rose, Sage Green.  
I inked the branches in Distress Ink bundled sage & the colored panel in victorian velvet.  The same inks were used to stamp the background images from PTI Text Style & Prominent Petals.  I colored white crochet thread with the victorian velvet ink.  
The sentiment from an old TPC set was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I die cut PTI Vintage Cream cardstock with AJVD & Spellbinders rectangle dies.  The colored panel actually looks softer in person--hard to get a decent picture.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.





9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Easter cards, Greta. I love that you used flower designs. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, a lovely collection of cards. I love the middle card...I would have never thought of that for an Easter card...and looking at your card it seem so obvious to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy, Greta! These are all so pretty. I especially like your Just Us Girls entry! You picked some great dies from SG. Hard to choose, right? Thanks so much for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. three unique and beautiful cards, greta. i must admit that the 3rd one has captured my clean and simple heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous use of your new Simply Graphic diecuts, Greta! Your smooth coloring is absolutely awesome. Thanks so much for joining in at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three delightful Ester cards Greta, so delicate and pretty. Love the embossing work on the first card. The crisp lines of the blooms on the second one and the clean and simple style of the third one. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Greta. Love the shimmery shine on the first one. The second card is stunning.... glad you revived your paste and just how gorgeous is the last one. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Greta, each having wonderful techniques and wonderful results. Love them.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the contemporary style and what unique and fabulous Easter cards Greta x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.