Sunday, March 27, 2022

More Cards

In case anyone missed Jennifer's video on how to flatten cutting plates, I can tell you it works!  So happy I don't have to spend money on a cutting plate when there are so many fun products I'd rather buy!
Recently Shery, the owner of Stamplorations, told us she's facing a battle with breast cancer.  She has 2 young children which makes this even more heartbreaking.  I feel like I know her, even though we've never met in person.  She was part of the cardmaking blogging world long before she started her company.  Anyway, I feel so helpless, but at least I could send her a card.  
I used Stamplorations die set called Trendy Spring Blooms cut from white scraps & covered in shimmer.  I used a piece of acetate to add the spots of Distress Oxide colors & stamped the words from an old Our Daily Bread Designs set.  Finished off with black splatters & white sequins with a mat of Soft Stone. 
Edited to add: entering Stamplorations Never Ending Challenge.
Next is a bright & cheery mini slimline BD card.  I used SSS Square Dance stencil with Distress Oxides candied apple, abandoned coral, fossilized amber, rustic wilderness, prize ribbon & wilted violet.  
Then I used my revived glitter paste which gives a beautiful sparkle.  I stamped SSS Sketch Ranunculus blooms using 2 inks for each one.  SSS Painted Happy Birthday was die cut from black & white scraps & the top layer is covered with Nuvo Glaze.  
Finished off with white Pico Embellisher dots.  I showed the finished card to hubby & asked if it worked for a guy.  He surprised me & said yes, so it's on the way to a male relative.  I'm entering DCDSSS Monday & Tic Tac Toe using Rainbow, Free, Stenciling.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


9 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards, Greta! I'm sure Shery, appreciated your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Greta. Love the soft beautiful colours on the first one and I can imagine it was well received. Your slimline card is gorgeous with the sparkly colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glitter paste on your second card looks so pretty and what a thoughtful and beautiful card for Shery x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely set of cards, greta. shary will definitely love and appreciate your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards, Greta - card one is sure to bring a smile to Shery! And I was delighted to see your bday card in our Die Cut Diva Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been meaning to try that with my cutting plates for ages, still haven't got round to it! your cards are gorgeous, I know Shery will really appreciate your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, Greta. I'll have to check out that video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards Greta. I'm sure Shery will appreciate the first one and I just love the rainbow stencil effect on the second one. Thanks for sharing with us over at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun birthday card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Birthday challenge this month. Such a lovely card to send to Shery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.