Thursday, March 17, 2022

Birthday & Easter

I'm so grateful that PTI continues to have challenges with random drawings for gift certificates.  Here's the card I entered via IG for the challenge to create a card with multiple prints.  
I used 3 of the Sweet Blush sheets a friend gave me a few years ago.  It's so pretty in person, but I can't get a good picture.  The sentiment from Simple Stems is stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist which is gray--not brown like it looks in the picture.  Really love Shape Shifters: Circle 3 die cut from the pretty paper.  Need to remember to do that again.  Recently a friend on IG used a Fancy Foliage Details die cut branch which reminded me to get out that set. 
I used white scraps to die cut 2 of one branch & one of another.  I left out the bits that stayed on the cutting plate & brushed the branches with a shimmer pen.  Finished off with 3 Rainstones.  I'm also entering SSS Monday & Die Cut Divas.
Next is another card inspired by Martina & this time I used the sketch at FMS.  I didn't want these beautiful leftover smooshed blooms to go to waste.  
The card base was stamped with images & a sentiment from PTI Prominent Petals using Weathervane, Smokey Shadow & Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I splattered Gansai Tambi gold watercolor & added the flowers after attaching them to vellum circles.  
Looked through lots of embellishments & finally found these little gold glitter dots I've had forever.  They're just the right shade to add some sparkle without being overpowering.  I'll put an Easter sentiment inside.  Really love how this turned out & you'll probably see more using this design.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


18 comments:

  1. LOVE both of your sweet florals! I love the patterns on the first - they work so well together! And the sweet flowers on the second with the doodly background are just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... I'm in love with your first card. So soft, sweet and feminine! Those trailing blooms on the second are pretty sweet too! Two delightful cards, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo - so pretty in the blush, Greta! I just used blush today for a card I'm posting tomorrow, love that color! And I love your gorgeous trio of flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Greta. Love them both but the second one is really amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see you are in pastel mode today Greta, but are so soft and delicate.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty and delicate cards, love the blush colours on the first and the fabulous way you used the smooshed leftovers on the second Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful set of cards, greta. i'm a bit more partial to the second card. love the clean and simple, but very impactful design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Birthday challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Greta. I am especially drawn to the last card. Love that black graphic under the lovely colored blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two stunning cards Greta, beautiful designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful cards, Greta! love them both but the second one sings to my CAS loving heart and it's always great to find a use for leftovers.
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! Love those flowers and the pretty border you've created! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards Greta; I like the way you blended the different patterns on the first card and the blooms on the second one. They look so fine over the dark doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty, Greta. I love the soft pink and that leaf set looks so good around the circle die cut. I love how you did the design on the second card. The flowers over the leaves made a fantastic card. The drink of your comment sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty cards! I love your blooms with the sweet embellies! Thank you for playing along with my sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these sweet flowers! beautifully done! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely design, Greta, the sketchy leaves are so graceful and the soft colors are delightful. The watercolor splashes make a perfect finish . Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards Greta. I particularly like the second one xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.