Thursday, March 31, 2022

Final Cards for March

Once again I waited until the last minute to make my card for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.  Gotta say, I enjoyed using Flower Vine stamp & die for the first time, I think.  
The image is so small I decided to do some coloring.  Wasn't as intimidating & I do like how it turned out using Memento Bamboo Leaves & Cantaloupe markers along with Copic BV00.  I thought the background in the photo was a light lavender, but after I watched Therese's video I realized it's a gray.  Oh well, too late!  
The branch looked pretty on a white panel, but I liked the contrast using Altenew Forest Glades cardstock.  I really like Altenew's Essential Sentiment Strips die set.  I cut Happy Birthday from both black & white cardstocks.  Debated a bit, but really liked the look of the black one, so went with that.  Finished off with yellow Stickles & black Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday via IG & Snippets Playground with a black scrap for the sentiment.
Next is my card for Stay Crafty with Hero.  I've used HA Greenery Medallion Fancy die for Christmas cards, but decided to use it for a Spring Wreath this time. 
I colored with Jade Green Tri-Blend Spectrum Noir pen that was given to me.  I did a little blending, although it's hard to tell.  The berries were covered with Nuvo Silver Moondust Glitter Drops which I also used on the SSS Painted Hugs shadow layer.  
The blue cardstock is from a pack I bought on clearance years ago.  I'm not fond of most of it, but this shade of blue I like.  The panel has white gouache splatters & the top layer of the sentiment is covered in Nuvo Glaze.  I could put an Easter sentiment inside or just use it for a friendship card.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,  I will visit you.


15 comments:

  1. Wonderful springtime cards, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Greta. Two stunning cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards here Greta.

    Thanks for submitting your homework to the Snippets Playground. Come up to the Treehouse for a hot chocolate when you've finished bouncing on the trampoline! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Greta - both of them. I do love your snippets card - so interesting to read how you made it. I did smile, you're a gal like me who procrastinates! And I love the shade of the Altenew 'Forest Green' card you used. So all in all - great work!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coloured background on both these cards makes them very special. They are both as lovely as each other xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! I REALLY like these cards Greta, they are both so beautiful. Love the flower stamp on your first,such a pretty colour mix and your second with it's beautiful wreath and background. Love them.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. Love the design. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Greta! Love the green background and pretty flowers! And, the second card is lovely with the blue and gorgeous wreath! Have a great weekend, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. another lovely set of cards, greta. love the simple, yet elegant design of each card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two more beauties, Greta - love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That spring branch looks great on the green background. The wreath looks beautiful and that's a good way to get more out of the dies you have by using different coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards as always, Greta! I'm following you on Instagram and loving everything I'm seeing there, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards Greta. I love the delicate blossoms and the sentiment. The wreath is always in favor in my house and yours really pops on the blue. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are so delicate and pretty and I love the blue on the second too Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! So glad you joined our hugs challenge at Stay Crafty With a Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.