Tuesday, March 29, 2022

2 Challenge Cards

Finally came up with a card for the PFS March Challenge.  I used 3 favorite PFS products:  Fancy Oval Frame die, Dainty Blossoms die set & Delicate Wreath stamp set.  
My card started by die cutting the frame from SSS Champagne glitter cardstock & 2 cardstock layers.  Then I looked for cardstock to go with the frame which has little bits of pink & green when you hold it in the light.  Just wasn't happy using either color, so luckily I found this beautiful Bazzill Vanilla textured cardstock in my stash.  It's a great match & a beautiful option when I want an off white.  It doesn't have a yellow cast to it at all. 
The flower was simply colored with alcohol markers & I added an extra layer to make it a bit more sturdy.  Used my Misti to stamp the word in Versafine Clair Acorn thinking it might have to be restamped.  Actually, it stamped great even with the textured cardstock.  Looked at adding pink gems, but ended up liking the Rainstones best.  Plan to put an Easter sentiment inside.  I'm also entering CAS on Sunday.
Here's my card for the sketch challenge for Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine Spring Issue release.  I started with a panel of Bristol die cut with the Spellbinders rectangle die in the Circular Stitch Background die set.  Using Bristol makes it so easy to brush on Distress Ink blueprint sketch inside the masked area. 
I used Lawn Fawn Manatee ink (soft gray) to stamp an old text stamp & images from PTI Prominent Petals.  Then I added texture with a PTI embossing plate which makes such a difference in the look.  The die cuts are PTI Into the Blooms II die cut from 2 shades of blue, 2 shades of green & gray cardstock in a small pack from Hobby Lobby. 
The sentiment from Winnie & Walter is stamped in Versafine Clair nocturne & die cut with a PTI flag die. Finished off with Shimmer Pico Embellisher dots in the flower center & navy enamel dots. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



11 comments:

  1. These are both wonderful, Greta! I love the simplicity and delicate look of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta wow, these are gorgeous cards. Love everything about both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both so pretty Greta, elegant designs which make such a statement.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Greta. The elegance of the first one is stunning and love the blue flower. Such a great design and superb take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a dainty and pretty first card and extra loving your take with the contemporary Easter card Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both so pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at CAS on Friday! Valérie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Greta - just love the ornate frame on card one and the bold flower on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! Greta, these are gorgeous, I love the first with the beauitful flowers in the fabby frame. Your second is so beautiful too, love the flower and the lovely background. Both wonderful cards Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beutiful cards! Thank you so much for the one I received too.. Your kind words mean so much. Hopefully surgery will be sooner rather than later, not that I am eager! Have a lovely day, big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely set of cards, greta. you know how much i love your take on that sketch. it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these 2 Greta, you are definitely on a roll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.