Monday, April 4, 2022

Easter and Birthday

I don't really have kid images, so I pulled out PTI Balloons & Banners to make a card for a 10 yr old boy which is also my entry for the PTI Challenge to create a card with a repeating element in ROYGBIV or monochromatic. 
I made a mini slimline using my MISTI to stamp the balloons in Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, New Leaf, Blueberry Sky, Amethyst Allure & Dark Indigo.  I added the strings with a black pen & the highlights with a white gel pen.  The card front is Dark Indigo cardstock & the sentiment cut twice from a white scrap is Poppystamps Happy Birthday Poe Script.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground.
I couldn't get my idea to work for the PTI Challenge to create a card using your favorite cover plate.  I switched gears still using the same die cuts plus a few & ended up with a card I love!  
The cover plate is Herringbone, the flowers & leaves are from Into the Blooms II & the flag is from Tag Sale: Quilted.  This is my entry for the PTI Challenge to use a cover plate.  I brushed Pale Peony on the tips of the blooms & Vintage Jadeite on the leaves.  The card front was splattered with Gansai Tambi gold watercolor.  I used the paint in my brush to add gold to the blooms & leaves.  
The shimmer & shine is gorgeous in person!  The gold embossed sentiment is from The Craft's Meow & I added Kaiser Scrapbook Chino pearls that go great with the kraft cardstock.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


12 comments:

  1. two wonderful cards, Greta - love the rainbow colors with the navy and the pretty soft colors in your floral card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colorful balloons are full of fun and the 10 year boy will love this! Lovely Easter card too. Wonderful cards, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards Greta. Love the balloons and what a gorgeous Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and fun balloon birthday card and I love your take on the Easter card Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Birthday balloon card is stunning Greta, it would suit young and old alike. The second card is totally feminine and pretty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. More great ideas and results Greta, both cards are so lovely.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards here Greta. Your balloon card is a brilliant all-round crowd pleaser and the the other card is just so PRETTY! Love the gold splatters.

    Thanks for submitting your homework to the Snippets Playground! Meet me up in the Treehouse later for lots of fun and perhaps a few cocktails? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta, those balloons are fab for a youngsters birthday and I am loving your coverplate card. Those blooms sit so nicely atop it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your mini slimline card is so fun with those colorful balloons! love the beautiful blooms on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The primary colours are perfect for your Boy's card and I love the Happy Birthday die. Crushing on you second card. So delicate and pretty with the pops of soft gold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both these. The rainbow balloons are just perfect for a little bow and I love the soft muted colours on your second card and that cover plate. I have rather a large collection of coverplates. I must try to use them more often xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards Greta - both very different. I do so love the balloons one!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.