Friday, December 17, 2021

Two More Christmas Cards

I finally used the black ThermoWeb Flock Transfer sheets I bought a couple years ago for the Stamplorations nativity die.  I used black adhesive backed fun foam & it worked great!
The Distress Oxides I blended are wilted violet & prize ribbon.  The sentiment from AJVD Christmas Star was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne & the circles are done with Stamplorations Circles All Over Texture Cover Plate.  
I splattered watered down black Zig ink & decided just to add a soft gold gem from my stash.  I'm entering Stamplorations CAS challenge, Stamplorations Never Ending Challenge & Christmas Kickstart.
I wanted to make another red & green card for Color Hues, so I combined it with the Dec. 10 PTI challenge to make a Joy card.  
PTI Border Bling: Yuletide was die cut from New Leaf cardstock & layered on a Pure Poppy panel. Istamped the sentiment from PTI Joyful Florals in Versafine Clair Nocturne on white cardstock. That was too much white, so I lightly inked the panel with New Leaf--much better! The flower from Into The Blooms: II was die cut 3 times from a Pure Poppy scrap & 3 times from PTI vellum. I've always loved embellishing with pearls, so used 3 tiny ones in each flower center. Finished off with Star Dust Stickles on the holly leaves. I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Greta. I especially love the colors you used for the nativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are beautiful, Greta. The pretty green border and inking make this so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two joyful cards, Greta and both so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the simplicity of the nativity card and love the colour combo on your second card. Hope you have a safe and healthy christmas and New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards. Love the nativity one and of course, the red & green one is just lovely. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always two lovely creations Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Nativity scene is so gorgeous with that DOX sky behind it. A pretty Joy card too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes a long time to use what I bought!

    ReplyDelete
  8. two such pretty cards, Greta - the red & green one looks like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are lovely! The pretty border and pearl-centered poinsettias make for such a festive card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are wonderful and the designs look fabulous Greta...Extra loving the manger and the 'glow' on the first one x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards, love the colour in the Manger card and the traditional colours and lovely greeting, both just wonderful Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - this is so gorgeous Greta! I love this card so much. Giggled about Fritz - Dudley is just the same - needs to give things a sniff and a dab and then loses interest!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Nativity scene is truly lovely Greta. I've not heard of the product you used and had to smile at the amount of time you've had it! I do things like that too! The red and green theme is always in fashion IMHO and your card is superb. Happy Christmas and keep safe. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greta, two, lovely cards. Always love traditional colors of red and green. And your Nativity card is so pretty with the sponged background. I also want to thank you for the beautiful Peace, Love & Joy Christmas card that you sent me. Merry Christmas, Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two gorgeous cards, Greta - just love the nativity and what a pretty frame on card two!! Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two pretty cards, Greta! The nativity scene is gorgeous and then the red and green one really pops! I love the subtle shading on the center greeting! Thanks for being with us at Color Hues and Merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow ! Two beautiful cards Greta! Love the way you used the challenge colors on your second card!
    Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards, Greta. I love the manger scene and that 'pop' of colour is beautiful. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.