Monday, December 13, 2021

Additions to Last Post

I was about to throw away the piece I cut off to make the thank you card in my last post.  But it made me think of the current sketch at FMS, which is about to close.  I finally came up with the idea to attach the scrap to a panel of PTI Dark Indigo, line up the GKD Stellar Snowflake stencil & use a sponge dauber with Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue.  As you can see, I turned the sketch upside down. 
The sentiment is a new favorite Poppystamps die called Merry Christmas Poe Script.  I stacked it 3 high with the top layer cut from PTI Rustic Cream cardstock that is a great match to the watercolor paper.  I was afraid silver would be overpowering, but worked great with just a little showing.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground as I used all scraps & saved the stenciled piece from the wastebasket!  And I'm entering SSS Monday.
Edited to add:  Also entering SSS Wednesday.

Here's how I used the tag in my last post for a card.  I've always liked using focal point images for the background.  I simply stamped EH Mondo Holly on the top & bottom of a black panel in Ultimate Metallic gold ink.  
To match the PTI tag, I die cut with Lil' Inker stitched rectangle.  I didn't like the twine just hanging, so tied it into a bow.  
The sentiment is Impression Obsession.  Really like how this turned out.  I'm entering Christmas Kickstart & Stamping Sensations.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

 

16 comments:

  1. your rescued card is gorgeous, Greta - and love your cute tag made into a card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clever way to save the piece you cut off and the card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch with the stencil, Greta, and I love your tag added to a card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful take on the sketch, greta. love seeing that big snowflake, again. the holly tag looks fabulous on that black stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found the perfect use for those leftovers, this is pretty! I knew that tag would become a marvelous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge Greta and with a delightfully elegant CAS card, thank you so much.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so clever and I just love the font on that Christmas sentiment die. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever work with the leftover scrap Greta. It looks stunning with the bold Merry Christmas die. The tag has evolved into a card. Beautiful either way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to use the leftovers Greta and both cards are beautiful. Great take on the sketch with your first card Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two brilliant cards today. I especially love the first snippety one with that FAB sentiment. In fact I loved the Merry Christmas die so much, I ordered one! I think it will become a fave of mine too!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Greta. Your first one is such a great use of left over bits and love your tag on your card. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've hopped over from Pixie's to see your card up close. Great use of that snippet. I love the font of the Merry Christmas die. I like how you used the tag for a card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Busy lady! I too am on a wait list for the brilliant sentiment die - I need to chase Sarn and grab her pigtails to see where she found hers from! Lovely work as always, my sweet friend. All quiet on the Western front right now :).

    Hugs

    Di - and just for you - a woof from Dudley! x
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensaitons challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry, I'm a little late commenting, Greta. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, your cards are both lovely. Thanks also for my Christmas cards - I wonder if it waved as it passed the one I sent to you! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.