Sunday, April 26, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio & Altenew

Saw something the other day that made me smile.  Our next door neighbors had camping chairs set up 6 ft apart under their carport.  I thought maybe the husband's fishing buddies were coming over.  Next thing I knew, their 2 teenage granddaughters drove up & visited.  No parents, just the girls.  I thought it was really sweet.
My first card is for the PFS April Challenge.  I used the sketch & the colors minus the purple.  Decided to make use of the Felicity Collection prize pack I won long ago.  Hopefully retired products are allowed. 
I trimmed the printed paper to fit an A2 card front after I decided what part I wanted to show.  Then I die cut one of the Ellen Hutson Hex Frames from the panel.  The frame was colored with a Copic to match the blue in the collection.  I stacked the solid hex 3 high & attached it back in place.  All the stickers are from the collection & I played around for quite awhile deciding how to arrange them.
To finish it off I added Star Dust Stickles & darkened the bird's eye with a black pen.  Fun to do something different!

I finally got my card done for the Altenew April Challenge.  Now it looks like I didn't get very close to the rose & peach colors, but too late.  At least the background I had right--haha!
Couldn't remember if smooshing works on glossy paper, but it does & I love the look.  I used a scrap of glossy photo paper & DI hickory smoke.  The splatters are Distress Stain Brushed Pewter & Altenew Black Spray Mist.  I used Altenew Mid-Century Frame Die in the center of the panel after it dried.  The sentiment from Altenew Painted Greetings was embossed with a satin powder over silver ink.
I've had Altenew Fine Bouquet Die quite awhile, so it's about time I used it.  The smooshing was done with PTI Berry Sorbet & Melon Berry.  I made silver paper by coloring a white scrap with Distress Stain Brushed Pewter.  I saved all the little smooshed pieces & put them into the silver outline.  Decided to use black sequins for embellishment, as I didn't want anything too flashy.  I don't usually make square cards, but really like the frame die centered in the panel.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



11 comments:

  1. I'm sure your neighbors really enjoyed there visit with their granddaughters!! Your cards are lovely! I always love it when I find designer paper that helps along with the card making process! Your first card is very cool with that designer paper for the background! I'm also loving the floral design on your second card.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Greta. Love the second one, the colours look stunning. How awesome for your neighbours to have seen their granddaughters. I'm finding it hard not to see my little one in over 6 weeks. She has started walking now. We moved to level 3 alert... still needing to work from home and stay at home when we can, but a few more businesses are opening for contactless selling, construction companies can start again which my son is happy about as he is a builder. I'm staying home for some time to come. Hope you are staying safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two sensational cards Greta. I'm a bit partial to the first...so sweet with the various pastels. Do also love the bold black and peach of your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! Both are so beautiful!! I also love the story about your neighbors! I also love seeing how creative everyone is getting in staying connected..So very heartwarming! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely cards Greta! I'm particularly taken with the first with those lovely cheery colours and that gorgeous sentiment! How lovely for your neighbours to have had a visit from their granddaughters! It's so heartwarming to hear that people are managing to find ways to see each other safely. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of those kids to do that for their grandparents, I love that! These are both marvelous cards Greta, but I just love that first one to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wonderful cards and I also enjoyed reading about the neighbor's visit with their granddaughters. What a joy that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the neighborhood story about the Grand daughters visiting next door. Little acts of kindness lift all our spirits, as does your first card with that inspiring quote. I love Pink Fresh papers, so different from any other range. Your Altenew card is a knockout with the contrast between black and peach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely story, one of my nieces did similar, just before the "real" lockdown, she drove an hour with her teens and sat for an hour in her parents garden chatting.
    I LOVE your so beautiful cards Greta, the delicateness of the first and the striking rose and colours of the second are really lovely.
    Keep safe and well.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love, love, love your clean, crisp design on the first card, greta! looks like a winner to me! your colors on the second one look perfect to me! so sweet your neighbors granddaughters came to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly haven't lost your creativity during this pandemic... Two perfectly beautiful cards! Stay well my lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.