Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter

Thank you to everyone staying home to save lives.  We can still celebrate Easter & be thankful if the virus hasn't touched us personally.  A family member in another state did have symptoms & had to quarantine at home, even though the test was negative.  As the doctor said, tests are not 100% accurate.  We're grateful no one else got sick & it's probably allergies worse than usual.  It made me even more appreciative of the essential workers who can't stay home.  They're putting themselves at risk, no matter how careful they are.  The least we can do is follow the guidelines.
Here are my last 2 Easter cards.  First is a simple one using my first Spellbinders Cut and Emboss folder.  I loved the first cards Rosemary made with the new designs.  When I saw this older one on sale I had to get it.
I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Morning Mist & added the MFT leaves on each side.  The green glittery leaves were cut from Heidi Swapp glitter tape attached to white cardstock.  I also positioned pieces of the tape behind the cut outs.
The sparkle is really pretty in person & I love the beautiful embossing that makes for an elegant card.  I'm going to have fun using this folder for different occasions & with different color combos.  I'm entering Inkspirational & NBUS.
Grab our badge to display on your blog.
A friend gave me the Taylored Expressions set of stamps, dies & embossing folder.  It was used once last year & here's what I made this year.
I began by gold embossing the cross & coloring it with Spellbinders Golden Age metallic pen.  Then I dry embossed a cream cardstock panel & lightly brushed on some purple ink.  I attached the cross & matted the panel with deep purple cardstock.  Took me awhile to figure out how to add the sentiment.  I like how the matted circle ties in with the circle behind the cross & doesn't cover up a lot of the design.
Finished off with a purple pearl & gold Pico Embellisher dots.  Now I need to make more cards using some of the other cross designs, so I'll have cards ready for next year.  I'm entering WAW.
Grab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,
I will visit you.  I'm not keeping up very well on blog reading, but I've not forgotten you.


17 comments:

  1. These are such beautiful Easter cards, Greta! I love the touches of sparkle on the first one and the shading on the second one really makes the gold cross pop!
    Hope you are keeping well and I wish you a very Happy Easter.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards, Greta - the gold cross is gorgeous and love the background for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Greta. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Greta! So many beautiful details!!! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Greta! Happy Easter, stay safe, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are so very beautiful! Happy Easter to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter, Greta!! Just love your two beautiful cards - the green sparkle looks great on card one and I love your layered cross atop the rays on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter Greta; it's good to hear you are well. We are too and enjoying the balmy days of Autumn with it's warm days and crisp nights. Both your cards are perfect for the Season. How lovely to have just the right products to produce these elegant cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! What glorious and joyous cards Greta, I love them both.
    Keep well and safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are stunning, Greta. I love the gold cross so much with the purple on the embossing folder. That is a cool way to use the glitter tape and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful card, Greta. I especially love the first one, so elegant in white with a touch of green sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful set of Easter cards, Greta! I especially like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both great, Greta but I love the second one! That crucifix card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning Easter cards Greta. Glad you are keeping safe. Hope it was a good Easter and you got to talk with family even if you couldn't visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well said Greta... we all have to do what we can to prevent more losses... Your cards are exquisite! I hope you had a good Easter despite everything... sending hugs your way

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful words Greta. I know it's difficult for some to hunker down, but we all have to do it! Hope you enjoyed a Happy Easter. Your cards are so pretty. The sparkle on those green leaves is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what a beautiful cut and emboss folder you’ve got! I really like how this card turned out, with a few sparkly colorful details that pop from the white background. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.