Thursday, April 30, 2020

Christmas Scene

I don't create many cards with scenes & when I do, it's usually for Christmas.  Ever since I saw the theme for Christmas Kickstart, I've been trying to come up with something.  I have some dies that basically are a scene, but didn't want to use them this time.  Since I wanted to also enter Rudolph Days, last night I sat down & finally got all the pieces completed.  This morning I just glued everything together.
I began by smooshing DIs on a scrap of wc paper big enough to cut out 2 PPP Layered Trees.  I purposely used the textured side for more interest.  After die cutting the pieces, I decided to make this tree darker by blending additional ink.  The ends were covered in Nuvo Drops Morning Dew.  I can't seem to make drops with them, but they work beautifully for a very sparkly glitter glue. 
The IO deer were die cut from a piece of lighter weight wc paper that was smooshed with brown shades of DI.  The snowdrift was cut with a very old MFT die I'd never used & the sky was blended with blue shades of DI.  I used white gauche paint for snow & stamped the W&W sentiment in Memento Nautical Blue.  Now to make a card with the other tree which has a very different look.  Stay tuned!

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. I love it! The tree looks AMAZING and the deer are fantastic! Wonderful holiday scene!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scene you've created Greta, especially the wonderful trees. I love making drops with my Nuvo Drops, but they only make a dome shape if I keep the bottle completed upright, rather than at an angle, when I'm gently squeezing the it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful winter scene that you've created. Thank you for joining in Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

    Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful scene - your tree looks so glittery and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your wintry scene is just beautiful, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should do scenes more often, this is pretty Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, this card looks great. Loving that 3D tree. It has lovely texture and colour. The deer look fab all inky too! Great scene, Greta.

    Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should do scenes more often Greta as this one is a delight especially that lovely dimensional tree.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous scene Greta. love the dimension on the tree. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love it Greta! Beautiful scene and the tree is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sparkle and 3D look to your card. Wonderful! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay and craft instead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your scene is fabulous Greta! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Greta, love the scene.
    Keep safe and well.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card with all the dimension on it. Great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely Christmas scene, Greta and I absolutely love that fabulous Christmas tree! Such a great idea to curl the branches and I love the texture and colour you achieved.
    Take care,
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card design and dimension Greta.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card....your tree is so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely, Greta! Love how you've made the trees - looks great. Thanks for joining Jane and I at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This tree has to be one of the best in the business! You did a great job with your wintry scene! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful texture on the branches of the tree and the snowy scene is charming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.