Friday, April 24, 2020

Flowers for Friends

I saw the CAS Mix Up theme of bleaching & planned to skip it.  Then I saw that my friend, Betty, bleached DO inks using water.  That'll teach me not to read the whole post--haha!  My elements are bleaching, stamping & splatter.  I was about to start my entry for ITP Project Reach Out: Flower cards, so combined the challenges to make this card.
The last time I tried bleaching with water, I didn't use vivid colors.  The effect wasn't very noticeable, so this time I used DO picked raspberry & wilted violet on a long white cardstock scrap.  When it was totally dry I black embossed images from PTI MIM Garden Gild Mini.  I used a small paintbrush with plain water to remove much of the color.  The effect was obvious with the open blooms & hard to tell with the others.  I liked the contrast, so no problem.  However, the open blooms were a bit blah, so I colored them first with a silver glimmer pen.  That made them a little too dark, so I colored over that with a clear glimmer pen & love it!  The other blooms were actually colored with a pink or purple Distress Marker.  I trimmed the panel to the size I needed & added white gauche paint splatters.  The word from PTI Counting My Blessings was die cut 3 times from black cardstock.  I covered it with the silver glimmer pen & Nuvo Glaze--so pretty in person.
The stamped words are from the same set.  I added pearls & gems--sometimes just can't keep it flat!  Blogging friends are indeed a blessing, so this is going to one of them.  I'm also entering Inkspirational & The Snippets Playground.
Snippets Playground Badge
I generally think of pastels as Spring colors, but recently I've noticed lots of vivid pinks to reds when I walk Fritz.  The Gina K April Challenge is Spring Fling & ABNH calls for watercolor.  Here's my card combining the challenges.
The gold embossed floral image from HA/GK Friendship Blooms was colored with Geranium Red & May Green Zigs using a waterbrush.  I gold embossed a sentiment from the same set & splattered the Zigs.
The edges of the card front were gold embossed before I attached the panel.  I'm also entering CAS WatercolorWAW.
Grab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


25 comments:

  1. Ooh, how I LOVE them both! I LOVE the pretty DO colors you chose on your first card... they just POP with the black and white - and the floral design on your second card is simply elegant! Love them Greta! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - you've created two such gorgeous cards - and so pleased I inspired you to do the water bleaching as your card turned out beautifully - and the watercolor one too with the gold embossing - love how you positioned that lovely stamp up in the corner and the pretty bright colors just make it fantastic - and thanks for joining in our A Blog Named Hero challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two pretty cards and a job to say which i like the most. Love the bleached look and the colours on the first but that second card is pulling me being in my fav colour. Stay safe and well. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make such pretty floral cards Greta! I've never tried the bleaching technique. I like the way yours turned out using DO inks. And your gold embossed blooms are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on bleaching color from those flowers, Greta! Wonderful contrast and I love the silver highlights! Your Spring flowers are GORGEOUS! I love the darker colors that show up in Spring as well as the pastels! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards Greta! The bleaching turned out really pretty and your gold embossed water color is magnificent! Love the sentiment!! Heart Hugs and hope all is well in your household! We are all safe and healthy here! Col

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are stunning, Greta! Well done with the water bleaching on the first design and all the steps you took to make it so gorgeous! And your watercoloring is excellent on your second beautiful floral design! You're right, I see lots of bright reds and oranges in the neighborhood right now! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two stunning cards Greta - I smiled as I read the processes you worked through to achieve the look you wanted on the bleached card. I do similar things until satisfied. The bright blooms and delicate embossing on the second card are just perfect. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful cards Greta love the pretty gold embossed and pink flowers and your water bleached card is lovely with the glimmer. Thanks for playing at CAS Mix Up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two more beauties and I so like the gold embossing of the flowers, I really must remember to do that for a change.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautifully stunning cards Greta. The bleaching with the water is amazing and just love the gold embossing on the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both Stunning cards Greta, I love teh effect of the bleaching and the vibrant red card.
    Keep safe and well.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Greta, and your bleaching looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I feel bad! I skipped the bleach cards because of my lungs and didn't watch the videos either. I could have done a card like yours or even maybe lift ink. Duh. You did a fantastic job of bleaching with water and using the glitter pens. The sparkle and shine is lovely on the sentiment. Your gold embossed watercolor card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fabulous cards Greta! Love the colours of your first card with the bleached flowers. So pretty and perfect with the contrast of the black accents.

    Your watercoloured blooms are gorgeous! Lovely with the gold embossing and splatters. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil and CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two very lovely cards, Greta! I haven't tried the bleach technique in ages and your card turned out beautiful! Love the pretty colors and wonderful design! And, last card is just as pretty! Lovely blooms done in water color and the gold embossing really makes them shine! Take care, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two gorgeous cards, I particularly like the first one. Such lovely colours and clever design xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. More loveliness, Greta! I always forget about the bleaching technique. I think it is because my mind immediately goes to using bleach, lol! But you have used the water version to perfection! Lovely coloring on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow two really lovely designs Greta.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are fabulous, Greta! Bleaching of vivid colors worked very well, and the close-up shows the pretty glitter of the die-cut sentiment. The color contrast is wonderful and I love how you placed the die-cut sentiment.
    The gold heat-embossing looks wonderful with the bright red and green. The fine spatter is a really nice finishing touch.
    Thank you so much for sharing these beauties with us at CAS Challenges!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two fabulous cards! Great job with 'bleaching' and I love the gold embossed blooms! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love love love your bleached card! The colours are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at CAS Mix Up1 I also love those pretty zig coloured blooms... I've a set of zigs that never get used... Be well my friend

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how the bleaching turned out!! Great tip for using more vivid colors so the contrast is stronger...Love both of these creations so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two absolutely beautiful cards Greta! I love your bleaching on the snippets card as well as the great design. You're drawing me back to using my Zigs with that wonderful second card - very elegant.

    Sending love, and also woofs from Dudley, my friend. Hope you are all well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.