Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Friendship & Christmas

I have 3 cards to show you today.  First is my entry for ITP Project Reach Out: Special Delivery.  Delivered by balloon was my idea, although it didn't turn out quite as planned.
I used another of the PTI scallop note cards from my friend & this time I stamped a flower & leaves from ITP Bold Blooms in Enchanted Evening & New Leaf.  I really like those 2 shades of ink together.  I used a gel pen for the white dots.  The sentiment from PTI Bold Borders: Foliage was stacked 3 high with the top layer die cut from Enchanted Evening cardstock & covered with Nuvo Glaze.  My last Winnie & Walter order before they closed included balloon dies.
The second to smallest one was inked & covered in Frosted Lace Stickles.  The balloon is attached at a slight angle, so I'm also entering Tic Tac Toe using Tilted, Stitched, Blue.  First time to use the balloon dies, so I'm also entering NBUS.
Grab our badge to display on your blog.
I know we all cope differently with the current challenging times.  There are lots of blog hops & videos on-line which may appeal to some, but I find myself having very little interest spending time on the computer.  However, I happened to see that Spellbinders had a video using Pan Pastels.  Turned out there were actually 2 of them.  I bought a set of Pan Pastels in 2015 & have only used them once!  I've read what to do & seen beautiful examples, but just couldn't figure out how to start.  Kim Kesti's videos showed easy techniques using supplies I have.  I was inspired enough to actually try the technique of applying Pan Pastels over dry embossing paste.  Here's my first card.
I used SSS Heart Mandala stencil & Golden Light Molding Paste.  In case you can't tell, I used lavender, blue & green pastels.  The gray frame is MFT & the sentiment is SSS Painted Hugs.
I had just the right lavendar textured cardstock & I added a clear sequin with a dot of Stickles to finish it off.  I'm entering SSS Flickr 147, SSS April IG & Flickr Love Handmade Cards.
I haven't made a Christmas card in nearly a month & usually I make them about every week.  When I saw that the 5th Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge is Holiday Headstart, I was determined to make a card.  I'm hoping not to need extra postage for cards this year & this one fits that criteria.  I pulled out 2 HA sets: Holiday Wishes from 2010 & Happy Holly Days from 2015.
The evergreen branch was stamped 3 times in Delicata Emerald Green which has a lovely shimmer in person.  The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn & covered with purple tape so I could add the white gauche paint splatters.  I started out with a one layer card, but decided I really liked the white border to brighten it up & tie in with the splatters.  This one is quick enough I might use it for hubby's cousins who all get the same design.  I'm also entering Inkspirational & Retro Rubber.
RRCB 133
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. WOW - wonderful use of your pan pastels - they're one thing I don't have in my stash (how did that ever happen???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Greta. I have some Pan Pastels, which I haven't used for long time. I never really knew the best way to use them. Thanks for the inspiration to get them out again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards. I made a few Christmas cards this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip about how to use Pan Pastels; I have half a dozen lurking somewhere in my Craft room.
    Love the soft and pretty effect you achieved by using them. The shading on the balloon is perfect and I'm inspired to get cracking with my Christmas cards by the evergreen bough on Kraft. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful here tonight Greta! I love your CAS Christmas card. Your little specks of snow look just like what we've had on and off all day. I could do without it, but it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder and beautiful collection of cards Greta....just love the first one with your gorgeous flowers and that sweet balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all turned out fantastic Greta! I love that middle card with the mandala - Beautiful!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three great cards, Greta! Glad you're staying crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Greta. Each is so special

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are beautiful, interesting about the pan pastels, I must search 2 I had as freebies with a mag and see if I can do something, I didn't have a clue. Love the effect you achieved, Thanks for the link Greta.
    Keep safe and well
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you're keeping safe Greta, sending along hugs anyway. Nice to see your three cards. The pan pastels are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Greta! Wonderful first card with the balloon, flowers, and scalloped edge! Second card is very pretty! Interesting technique with the pan pastels! And, last card is a CAS perfect Christmas card! Take care, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. another lovely set of cards, greta! the first card is so sweet with the balloon floating above the sentiment! love the softness of the pan pastels on the second card and I agree with maria… the last card is CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the sweet simplicity of your Christmas card. The inclusion of the white border and splatters does indeed add a pop to the card - great choice. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, thanks for the video from Kim. I love your pan pastel card so much. It is just lovely. And such a great clean and simple Christmas card that captures your eye with the evergreen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What pretty cards! I really like the original shape on the first card and I love to see the creative way that you incorporated the paint splatter in the last. Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are stunning, Greta!! I can't even pick which one I like best! The molding paste looks so ethereal and gorgeous and the scalloped cutie is sooo sweet! One of my favorite dies still! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards, I love the simplicity of the last one, making the sentiment shine -Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, beautiful cards, I can't pick a fav, love them all. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.