Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Birthday & Friendship

I made 2 very different cards, but both were so much fun to make.  First up is my entry for ITP Project Reach Out: You Are My Favorite.  Must admit--the theme kinda stumped me.  I don't have any stamps with that sentiment & wouldn't put it on a card to a friend.  However, my sweet neighbor girl is turning 6 this week, so a light bulb went on--haha! 
Ms A loves rainbow colors & nature, so I inked the tree from PTI Floral Foliage in Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, New Leaf & Enchanted Evening.  Then I stamped in Versamark & embossed with HA Sparkle ep.  You can see the shine & will have to take my word for the sparkle.
The trunk was stamped in Cocoa Bean & the sentiment from PTI Quilled Elegance was inked in the same colors.  I printed the sentiment strip on regular weight cardstock & was so happy the brown was a pretty good match!  I wanted to keep it bright & happy, but the white card base needed a little something.  The Paper Studio woodgrain embossing folder did the trick.  Hopefully, my card will help make turning 6 special, in spite of the social isolation.  Imagine she'll be doing a vido call with her grandparents & her best friend from school.  I'm also entering JUGs & Retro Rubber (both stamp sets from 2012). 
RRCB 133
Next is the card I made with my other Pan Pastel panel.  You can see my first card HERE.  This one was made with SSS Square Dance Stencil, Golden Light Molding paste & 3 of my Pan Pastel colors.  Kim's videos HERE & HERE gave me the techniques.
I stamped SSS Spring Flowers leafy branch in Versamark.  Then I pounced & rubbed with  the light green Pan Pastel & added just a bit of the dark blue on the edges of the leaves colors.  Decided to add interest by covering the branch with a shimmer pen.
The black die cut SSS Painted Hugs was stacked & glued over the branch.  Finished off with black Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm entering SSS Flickr 148, SSS IG April challenge & Stamplorations April Stencil Challenge.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


18 comments:

  1. So PRETTY! I totally LOVE the Rainbow tree! Awesome Great! And your second card has such a pretty background! Love it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both so pretty but love that rainbow tree Greta which would fit in so well at Stamping Sensations but I think given our time difference the challenge just might have closed by the time your day dawns.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous stamps used and a wonderful designed cards. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love coming to visit your blog Greta. Your cards are always so beautiful. Both of today's are no exception. Love them both

    ReplyDelete
  5. two fantastic cards - love how bright and happy your birthday card is and the soft colors and classy design on the second one are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these shiney glimmery cards are fantastic Greta...love em both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow love the colors and shine on your card designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cards, Greta!! Especially love the hugs card with all the texture but the colorful tree looks amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun birthday card for a 6 year old! I have that stamp, haven't used it in a looong time! but I love your rainbow tree and the shine! Heart Hugs, col

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards! Love that colorful tree it looks awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shiny, glittery rainbow tree is fabulous! I'm sure she will love it. The rounded corners are sweet. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pretty little rainbow tree is perfect for your soon-to-be 6 years old neighbor, it's so sweet! The hugs card says what all of us need right now. Love them both Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both may be very different but both are fantastic in design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure your small neighbour will be thrilled with the rainbow tree, so colourful and cheery. The rainbow Happy Birthday is gorgeous with it too. Love the subtle tones and textures of the Hugs card. I'm going to pop over and take a look at the Pan pastel techniques, something I've not mastered yet. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well you still rocked the Project Reach Out challenge... Terrific card and such a sweet tree! Gorgeous pan pastel card too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That tree is AMAZING! I love the colors and shine! So fun! Thanks for sharing it with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous cards....that rainbow tree is amazing! Just love it and the background on your hugs cards is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.