Thursday, April 16, 2020

Fun Making Cards

So much in the world has changed, but things seem normal when I sit down to make cards.  First is my entry for Stamplorations April Theme.  I had the idea to use a butterfly image after making my first card with flowers & leaves using acrylic paints.  The 4 paints were randomly arranged on a watercolor panel.  When it was dry I black embossed an image from Stamplorations Trendy Butterflies--one of my first Stamplorations sets.
I fussy cut all the butterflies & splattered them with white gouache paint.  Then I looked for an image to stamp behind the butterflies & discovered the beautiful Leaf Sprig by Stampendous which I don't think I'd ever used.
The sentiment is from Stamplorations Frames & Flowers.  Finished off with a black strip down the left side & white Pico Embellisher drops.  I'm also entering Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything GoesTime Out & WAW.
Grab our badge:
ITP is doing a series of  challenges called Project Reach Out.  The latest one is called Keep Swimming & I don't see any product requirements.  Had to think for awhile before coming up with an idea, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.
I inked an image from PTI Watercolor Wonder in Spring Rain & added some Blueberry Sky at the top.  Then I stamped a very old Fred Mullett fish stamp in black & embossed in JudiKins Iridescent Sparkle.
The panel was die cut with PTI Scallop Stackers: Small & matted with Blueberry Sky cardstock.  Tim Holtz mini alpha stickers were used for the sentiment & I added PPP Sparkling Clear Confetti bubbles.  I'm also entering CASology--Zodiac for the first time in forever!  Pisces is actually 2 fish, so not sure this qualifies.
 
I always send a lot of cards, but now I'm mailing even more.  Handmade cards are always on display at my house & make me smile every day.
Hubby had to do a video appointment with his physician.  I managed to get the app on my phone & everything working in plenty of time.  Pretty proud of my non-IT self--haha!  Can't say video appointments are a good replacement for an actual doctor visit--we're old fashioned.  But in this case it worked great & we were glad to get the needed info from our wonderful doctor without putting anyone at risk.  There are no plans for hubby to get a smart phone--haha!
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


29 comments:

  1. Your colorful layered butterflies are so pretty Greta and that fish is fun! Two marvelous cards! It is nice to have normal inside of our own home sweet homes, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Greta. And well done on using the tech for the doctor's appointment. My doctors rang me to organise a time for me to go to get my 'flu injection. They had it set up just inside the reception doors. I didn't see any other patients. In and out in 2 mins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those butterflies look so pretty and I love the inky technique.

    The second card reminds me of fish prints that used to be sold many years ago in an art gallery near my work! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so pleased you are still loving making cards and these 2 wonders are a joy. I love the design of card one and such amazing vibrant colours. Love the touches of white paint too! And wow to your zodiac card-love the splash-I had forgotten I had this! And the sparkle is great. Good to see you got to talk to doc-I have telephone appointments with all my consultants! Thanks for joining Time Out and CASology xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. two fantastic cards, Greta - your butterflies are so artsy and vintage and love that fish - it's very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully colored butterflies and the fish card says what we all need to keep doing. I'm happy you were able to figure out the online visit for hubby. This is the way of the world right now and I'm glad it worked so well for him. Isn't it great we have this hobby to keep us in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious CAS Fish card Greta. Your butterfly card is so creative, full of colour and dimension and I love it x. Well done too with the IT x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your butterfly card is beautiful! And the sentiment on your fish card certainly says it all. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t reintroduce myself to card making- NY is on pause until May 15th now. Not sure if I’m going to resurrect my blog but I’ll enjoy popping in to see what everyone is up to. I’m glad you’re still here and that you and hubby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Great!! Your cards are very artsy cool!!!! I hope your hanging in there! Think about you guys a lot and hoping you stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! The butterflies on the first card are absolutely amazing!! I think your second card is perfect for the CASology challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job on these cards. They are so awesome. I love all the colorful butterflies and that fish image is so cool. Great one for the fisherpeople.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Greta. I'm so glad I've got card making as a hobby. It's an opportunity to switch off for a while from everything that is going on in the world. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...two simply wonderful and creative cards. I am in love with all your beautiful butterflies, simply stunning! Hope you are doing well, sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for playing along with us on the CASology Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! What bright and beautiful butterflies Greta and the fish is very appropriate for this isolation too! I wanted to send more cards but unfortunately the post here has been affected. Today we got our first delivery in nearly 2 weeks. I don't want to put anything in the mail boxes in case it never gets collected. Either way I am thinking of you and sending love

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you are still feeling the mojo when you sit down to craft, Greta! You are posting really awesome makes! I love the bold colors and design of your hello card and I think your encouragement card is remarkable! I love that swish of blue and the scalloped panel over the blue card. The fish itself must be so cool and schparkly IRL! Good job being hubby's IT person!! Take care and stay safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my! Love your cards, Greta! First card has some of my favorite colors on those gorgeous butterflies, very pretty! Great addition with the leaf springs and dots! And, last card is perfect for these trying times...CAS perfect! Fab inspiration! I need a card like that for my brother-in-law's birthday in June! And, how awesome you
    helped hubby with the phone app to get info from his doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Butterflies, love the colours, the fish is just perfect, love the card. As for getting the app, WOW! well done you. My hubby would be the same as yours, me? have a go same as you LOL.
    Keep safe and well
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic butterfly card Greta...the varied colors turned out so perfectly for the image. Your fish card is nicely encouraging as well. Hang in there my friend, stay safe and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your butterflies are amazing and fun! I always enjoy seeing how your mind works with your card projects.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah Greta - I'm such a sucker for butterflies and your card is so bright and cheery. Just what we need in these chaotic times. A love the shimmer and shine you achieved on the fish scales too - very clever. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both these cards are great, but those butterflies are just stunning, what a good idea to use that leaf stamp as a background, I shall have to remember that one. I think you underestimate your skill with technology considering you run such a successful blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm with you Greta - once I get an idea, I disappear into crafting. I love the two cards you made here but especially the fish one. I loved it when I saw the thumbnail - the positioning of your elements is perfect - but when I see it up close I see that the fish has been heat embossed with an iridescent embossing powder which raises it to ultra gorgeous in my book! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love both designs! I can't believe you fussy cut those butterflies - that had to take some time... but it turned out stunning and I love the fish.. gives it a shabby chic vibe.. totally love that! Glad all is well in your neck of the woods and that you were able to have a video chat with your hubby's Dr. - I Never thought of that before... great idea for staying safe -

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards!! I love both of them! :) Thank u so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations this month for Theme and Photo Prompt Challenge! Do join us again! :)

    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome colors and fabulous designs Greta.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow.. your cards are spectacular. I love the one you added at Time out, esp the colors. Just wow. Thank you for playing along at Time Out. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two fabulous cards! That butterfly card is absolutely gorgeous, and I love the sparkly fish card! Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards. Thank you so much for joining us in CASology challenge this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :o)
    Milka DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.