Monday, September 2, 2019

Thanksgiving & Christmas

              Don't forget to check my sale pages.  New items recently added.

We've had a nice quiet Labor Day weekend with sun, but not too hot.  I didn't get much housework done--surprise, surprise!  Cardmaking is the priority & I got a couple made for the coming holiday season.
First is another Thanksgiving card using SSS Sketch Ranunculus with a Fall color combo of DI: dusty concord, peeled paint & wild honey.
I first stamped the sentiment in Versafine Clair Acorn & then gold embossed the images around it.  I used sponge daubers in a circular motion to color the images--a look that always appeals to me.
The panel was splattered with the same 3 inks.  Then I used the thin frame from SSS Frames die set to cut the stamped panel & a piece of gold shimmery cardstock.  The gold frame was inlaid into the panel & gold sequins provide embellishment.  I'm entering SSS Flickr #131, SSS Wednesday & JUGs.

The new Christmas Kickstart challenge theme is to be inspired by the blog header which is aqua & red with ornaments & a snowman.  I knew immediately I wanted to use the color combo for ornaments.
I used MB Woodland Branch & Holly Ornament dies along with a sentiment from EH Mondo Holly.  Hard to tell from my photo, but PTI Tropical Teal cardstock is a very close match.  I die cut the ornament from Tropical Teal & Heidi Swapp red glitter tape attached to cardstock.  The branch was die cut from a white cardstock scrap & white crochet thread was used to tie on the ornament.
The card front is SSS Fog cardstock & the sentiment is stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  Finished off with PPP Marshmallow sequins with a dot of Frosted Lace Stickles in the centers.  Still need to put another card together with the left overs, so that ornament will be the opposite.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground & SSS Wednesday.
Snippets Playground Badge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



18 comments:

  1. Goodness is your first card ever pretty! Love the soft colors and the movement your design has! The sparkle on your cute holiday card is fantastic! Sounds like you had a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very different but equally pretty cards Greta, the first one looks so delicate with the gold embossing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the ornament looks just as pretty with the colours reversed! Two great cards Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you turned those flower circles into a fall card with the prettiest of fall colours. Wow to the striking and contemporary Christmas card....Loving the bling x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. two gorgeous cards Greta. Love the Ranunculus card. I really love the soft colours. And what a stunning Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! I love the gold embossing and the sponged coloring with the perfect splashes of color. That gold inlaid frame is fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the gold with those fall colors is so pretty on your first card and love the glittery simplicity of your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it's time to start on these holiday cards and yours are great. I love the softness on the first card and the bright sparkle of the ornament on the second..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are awesome, Greta, but the first one with the gold effect is in my heart. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you always make the prettiest cards with the sketch ranunculus stamp set, greta! love the soft wash of color on this one! (I must remember to use my set!) lovely Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely cards, Greta! Your ranunculus card is a stunner and I love the colours. I'm loving your gorgeously glittery take on the Christmas Kickstart header colours, thanks for linking up again - always lovely to see you linking up, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two very beautiful card designs. I love the glittery ornament one and also like the first one with the gold embossing. Beautiful colors on both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty cards Greta, the ranunculus is gorgeous and soft and so you. Your holiday card is glittery and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a nice quiet holiday weekend! I love your cards.. the way you use gold embossing is just fabulous - I really need to try it and I love that sparkle on your ornament card! Lovely!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH! such beautiful cards, love the shades you used on the top card and your christmas bauble is just so elegant.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that Christmas card....a delightful way to use those challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards Greta and I do love the snippets one (have to say that although I do so love your first card too). I think I might have a similar die to the bauble and holly and how lovely to see it in slightly different colours!

    Psst, the postman has been but I'm saving the envelope for next Thursday :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The soft sponging is very pretty. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.