Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Friendly Challenge

My friend, Betty, got a bunch of beautiful skeleton leaves when she was overseas years ago.  She ran across them while destashing & had the idea to send some to Cat & me.  Today we're all revealing our cards & I can't wait to see what each of them came up with.
Most of the leaves seem to have shades of blue, so I began by arranging them on a panel of light blue textured cardstock.  I really like blue & kraft together, so cut one of my many scraps to fit.  I've barely used my SSS Rose Gold embossing powder & it is beautiful!  Think it was perfect to cover the top layer of my stacked PTI sentiment.  I finished by adding brown twine at the top & bottom of the kraft strip.  Didn't like any embellishments, so left it alone.  This could be a Thanksgiving card, but I'm using it with a friendship greeting inside & it's already been mailed.  Now I'm off to see what Betty & Cat made--hope you will, too.
I think this works for the SSS Monday Monochrome challenge, so entering there.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



18 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I LOVE those leaves! Beautifully done Greta!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have used your leaves. I bought a box of cream ones yrs ago and still have them in my stash. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I've got some of these somewhere, but never knew what to do with them! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is so pretty with the blue background - and the rose gold embossing is perfect complement to the blues - thanks for doing this fun challenge with me - and thank you sending the card to me. hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful and the leaves are a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so pretty tucked behind your sentiment! This is wonderful Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card, greta! the leaves tucked behind the sentiment strip is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous delicate leaves! You made them shine, Greta! Love the blue and kraft color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta, your card is lovely, the delicate leaves against that blue card base is a fabulous look. So fun playing along with you and Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet and simple elevated with your rose gold touches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! The soft blue, kraft and rose gold are gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome Greta. The soft blue and kraft are perfect together. Love the beautifully embossed sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elegant and awesome, Greta!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greta, what a wonderful card you've made with Betty's leaves... I love the veining revealed when leaves are dried, don't you? You've allowed them to be the star of the show - really beautiful card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those transparent leaves are just beautiful and the card design really lets them be the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Betty's leaves look so delicate and pretty and what a fabulous job you have made of them on your wonderful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a simple and classy card Greta. I love it and I think I have some of those skeleton leaves tucked away somwhere. Thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely beautiful...so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.