Friday, August 30, 2019

Birthday and Thanksgiving

Don't forget to check my sale pages.  New items are being added.

I've always liked the idea behind FMS where cards are to be fresh & clean--not necessarily simple.  This is the 400th sketch & I managed to get a card done in time!
Decided to make my last September BD card using SSS Peeking Daisy die which I cut from a silver die cut circle.  The square was made by smooshing multiple layers of DIs peacock feathers & evergreen bough on wc paper.  I stamped the PRS sentiment in Versafine Clair Morning Mist & cut it into a flag.  The rectangle mat is gray cardstock dry embossed with a Darice folder.  I used Silver Pico Embellisher on the center of the daisy & made 3 little dots.  I'm also entering SSS Monday (S is for SSS & stripes) & SSS Wednesday.

It never crossed my mind to watercolor on vellum, but that's what Laurie did for this week's ITP LFF challenge.  Couldn't wait to give it a try using PTI  Bold Borders: Foliage with PTI heavy weight vellum. 
Pulled out my barely used Prima Confection wc set & started painting.  Now that was fun!  Yes, the vellum warped a lot, but I flattened it with 2 heavy books since I was too lazy to pull out my laminator as recommended by Jennifer McGuire.  The kraft card wasn't quite the shade I wanted, so I sponged on some DIs--still not it.  Then I used a flat brush to add a wash of the same brown wc used on the die cut edges.  Not only did it give me the right color, but it also kind of looks like woodgrain & I love it!  The sentiment from PTI Texture & Text: Leaves was embossed in SSS Antique Gold.  Thanksgiving always sneaks up on me, so at least I have one card ready!  I'm also entering ModSquad.
Modsquad Challenge

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



18 comments:

  1. two more winners, Greta - missed Laurie's ITP about watercoloring on vellum - you have such great results that I'm going to have to check out that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards. I especially love the leaves one for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two marvelous cards Greta! Your first one has terrific texture and your water colored vellum look fantastic! Thanks for your sweet comment today. I never expected that win, what a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fabulous Greta. The brown background is the perfect foil for the pretty watercoloured vellum frame. Turned out amazing. And love the sweet peeking daisy. The background for it is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colour combination on your first card with great texture and a clean and crisp design. The leaves look great on the vellum on your second card and the wash of the brown sure does look like wood grain x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Greta, those are wonderful cards, love the dry embossing on the first and the gorgeous watercolour result on the second, both Super designed cards.
    Faith x
    PS, sorry don't know if the die is copied, I've never seen one like it so I hope it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great background. It does look like woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lovely the aqua colours of the fist against the grey but the Autumnal colours as well as leaves on the second card tick all the right boxes for me.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both pretty cards! I love the backgrounds you've created. Thanks for joining us for our 400th sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super lovely cards, Greta!! Love the beautiful green against the gray and pretty daisy! Second card is perfect fall color! How awesome how the vellum worked... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your always inspire me with your lovely cards, Greta! Kisses, my friend. I am back from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. another wonderful set of cards, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards Greta. Your card for FMS400 had such wonderful colors. YOur fall card is full of the warmth of lovely seasonal colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you worked your vellum card, Greta! I haven't tried water coloring on vellum but I may do it now. Your cards are spot on with the challenges and I'm impressed that you have all your September cards completed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beauties, Greta! Just love the texture on card one and the fabulous vellum watercoloring on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these are lovely. The teal with the gray is such a standout! Wonderful card. So glad you joined us for our 400th sketch celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The teal/grey/silver combo looks so classy Greta. I really like the mottled look on the teal. Clever work with the brown wash on vellum, something I tend to avoid because of the curling. But you make it look easy. Two beautiful cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, WOW! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Fantastic cards!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.