Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Thanksgiving & Christmas

Oh boy did I have fun making the 2 cards I'm showing you today.  First up is a Thanksgiving card using SSS dies called Clustered Leaves & Autumn Blessings along with the SSS stamp called Kaleidoscope Background.
I had in mind using the background stamp with Fall colors, so stamped  on watercolor paper & embossed in SSS Rose Gold powder.  Then I added 3 of my many Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists:  Moonlight, Fully Purple & Forest Green.  I both sprayed the mists & brushed them onto the panel.  It was beautiful & shimmery, but fairly dark.  I just couldn't see it as a layer for a card.  Then I remembered the leaves die--just what I needed!
They really are beautiful in person.  The inks were also splattered on the Classic Kraft panel & I added the stacked sentiment with the top layered embossed in Rose Gold.  The edges were lightly sponged with DI frayed burlap & I decided against embellishments.  I'm entering SSS Flickr, Allsorts & SSS Wednesday.
Grab our logo

My Christmas card combines products from MFT, Impression Obsession, Elizabeth Crafts, Winnie & Walter & Darice.  I began by making the red glitter panel using EC red glitter burnished into a panel of cardstock covered with a double sided adhesive sheet.
EC makes the most incredible glitter which becomes super sparkly, smooth & non-shedding when it's burnished.  The MFT Joy die cut was made the same way with EC silver glitter.  Another item in my last package from Impression Obsession is a die set called Pine Pair--love them!  Decided they looked great just cut from white cardstock.
The little sentiment strip is a W&W stamp white embossed on a black strip & mounted with foam.  Took awhile to decide what I wanted on the card front & finally decided on the Darice dry embossed stripes--subtle enough not to detract from the glittery panel.  The pictures truly do not do the glitter justice.  I'm entering ABC Christmas challenge, Rudolph Days & SSS Wednesday.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



23 comments:

  1. OMGOSH! I totally LOVE them both... Your Joy card is fabulous with all it's sparkle! I haven't played with my glitter in a long time and this has inspired me to try it again... your first card I totally LOVE.. the rose gold and the beautiful colors you combined look amazing... I like the leaf die that you picked as well.. it really looks amazing Greta.. so perfect for Fall!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely creations Great and really like the rich look for the EP on the first, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Trees and Leaves' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you embossed and then die cut - I must try that. Lovely Christmas card too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Greta, lots of lovey Christmas sparkle going on there.
    Thanks for joining in with the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.
    Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. those leaves are so gorgeous, Greta - love love that technique - and wonderful glittery Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those beautiful leaves and the red glitter is just stunning. Two great cards, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inspired save on your first card Greta. I like to rescue a disaster and turn it into something, even if it what not what I had in mind. The bold red is gorgeous with the white highlgihts. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi greta,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    what a very gorgeous sparkly card.
    Love the colours and the sentiments also.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. the detailing in the leaves on the first card is so gorgeous and provides amazing texture and depth, greta! love the fun sparkly on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that really does work beautifully on your first card. I love the colour of the leaves and the embossing. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your leaves over at IG, and they are fabulous. Great fall card. YOur glittery red Christmas card is a Joy. THat EC glitter is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two stunning cards, Greta! Just love the shimmery leaves on the Thanksgiving card and the yummy white pines on the red panel of the Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fabulous cards, Greta. I especially love the second one with the red glitter panel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the clean designs on both of them Greta! They're so wonderfully elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beauties, Greta!! Love the JOY card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two absolutely wonderful card designs for those two holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two beautiful cards! So much sparkle on the Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG you have outdone yourself on these two Greta. The leaves are stunning on your first card. The kraft background really makes the leaves pop And I can just imagine the shimmer and shine with that glittery background. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two stunning cards here Greta, just love them both ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards have lovely bits of texture on them! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What pretty leaves Greta and that burnished glitter on your second card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Joy Christmas card is beautiful. I will have to take you at your word and get some of this glitter. Bet your card is really sparkly IRL!

    Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards Greta - love all the sparkle on the Christmas one!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.