Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Twofers & ITP

One of my good blogging friends, Cat, is now a member of the Twofer Card Challenge DT.  They are lucky to have her!  Just had to play along this time, especially with a garden theme.  I went old school & pulled out some wood mounted stamps.  The stamp both cards have in common is HA Wild Flowers.
Cat's favorite color is yellow, so for my first card I brushed a masked area with squeezed lemonade, scattered straw & fossilized amber Distress Inks.  Then I stamped Wild Flowers in Versafine Clair Pinecone along with the sentiment from Altenew Painted Greetings.
I splattered with the fossilized amber & used yellow cardstock for the mat.  I'm also entering WAW.
For my second card I stamped Wild Flowers in Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy to nearly cover a white cardstock panel.  I filled in the empty spaces with 3 little flowers from the very old HA set called Pocketfull o' Posies.
I used a Spellbinder oval die to cut the window & temporarily attached it to the card front so I could stamp the very old, wood mounted Stamp Francisco birthday sentiment using Versafine Clair Acorn.  Then I added fun foam to the panel & glued it in place.  A few Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher dots finish it off.  I'm also entering DRU & SSS Wednesday.
Grab our badge:Grab our Badge!
It's still time for Christmas in July, so my entry for ITP LFF is a Christmas card.  I loved Laurie's Day 4 release card with the coverplate & card the same color, so that's the one I cased.  I die cut PTI Bold Borders: Yuletide 3 times so it would stand out on the card.  Since it's a Christmas card, I decided to heat emboss with HA Sparkle ep--so beautiful in person.
I die cut a Spellbinders oval from Pure Poppy cardstock & attached it with fun foam in the center.  I've barely used PTI Splits:  'Tis the Season & it was just what I needed.  The image was stamped in Pinefeather & the sentiment in Pure Poppy.  The berries were covered in Christmas Red Stickles & the flames & holly in Star Dust Stickles.  The Stickles mixed with the ink to add just a bit of color to the holly.
I backed the die cut with an extra layer which gave it a little dimension.  This kind of card I only make way ahead.  The closer it gets to Christmas I tend to skip die cutting & just stamp cards in the interest of time.  I'm also entering VOSP in July.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



18 comments:

  1. Totally awesome cards Greta. Love the two garden cards. They really are stunning. And your Christmas card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all fantastic designs, Greta - funny that we both used monochrome for the second twofer card - beautiful Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your twofers are so pretty. I love the stamp and the two designs you made. The Christmas card is very unique and so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Twofer cards are beautiful! I love yellow, too, so that one has my heart, but I'm also impressed with how perfectly you used your stamp as a background and made it look entirely different! It's very eye catching! A beautiful Christmas card, too. The die in green on green looks fantastic! Greta, thanks for playing with us at Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful cards! Love the background you created on the Christmas card with the die cuts - so pretty. Thank you for linking to my Visions of Sugarplums challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Greta, I feel very lucky to have my friend Cat on the DT for Twofer!! She has been a faithful player so the feeling is mutual! I love that you had Cat in mind when you made your first design, beautifully stamped and matted in yellow! And your second design is such a great use of the image to create your own pretty background! I love the oval and the wonderful sentiment inset! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! (p.s. Your Christmas card is stunning!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such striking designs with your twofer challenge and your die cut Christmas card is amazing....I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. really fabulous use of that hero arts stamp, greta! both cards are beautiful! the Christmas card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both Twofers are so well designed and gorgeous. I love all the texture on the last one too. That is equally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your cards are stunning Greta! Lovely touch of yellow in the first, burst of florals in the second,and I'm jealous of your beautiful Christmas card done. I should get on that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet of you to make one of your cards with Cat in mind! Both cards are lovely. I especially like the black and white version! And just look at your beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greta, thank you for your kind words. I am thrilled to be part of the team. I love your use of your flower stamp in two such different ways. The yellow of course is my favorite so bright and sunny. I am also enjoying your very different design on your second card. The stamped background wiht the blooms is so smart and the recessed sentiment oval is fab. Thanks so much for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge #18. You ITP card is quite the eye catcher too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m hit or miss with commenting due to being on vacation until 8-3. So, I apologize for lack of commenting at times. We had a short tour today and wanted to comment on your gorgeous cards. Very pretty flower cards! I love the yellow background and wonderful sentiment on your second card! The last card with the die cuts is super lovely! It is frame worthy...so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards Greta!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love what you have done with the twofers, such beautiful designs and cards, I must try something like this, thanks for the inspiration. Your Christmas card is beautiful, love the texture of the die.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards for the challenge.. Love how you did the second card it's stunning! All that and another Christmas beauty too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that HA Wild flower stamp.. your designs are beautiful and omgosh look at that stunning holiday card! I love that you die cut it out 3 times for dimension... it really stands out and looks amazing!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been out of town for a while and now playing catch up. I love the sunny, yellow card and the pretty Birthday card with that lovely verse. A Christmas card too to round out a gorgeous trio. Lovely work. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.