Friday, July 5, 2019

Birthday & Friendship

Finished my homework for Altenew's 3D Floral Focus class & now I have a couple summer birthday cards ready to go.  Day 4 was called Changing up the Layers


The technique is to add or subtract layers.  I've doubled up layers of die cut flowers in the past, so I tried using the top layer of the bloom in the Fantasy Floral die set on it's own.  I added it into my bouquet for a bit more blue.  The layers of the bloom are all the same blue cardstock with the bottom layer plain, second layer covered in Dazzle Versamark & the top layer clear heat embossed.


I added a scored partial frame, white Pico Embellisher dots & a sentiment from Painted Greetings.  I attached the panel with fun foam to the blue mat which had been covered in the Versamark ink.  I'm also entering Die Cut Divas.
AltenewGrab our Badge 
Next is Day 6, Combining Stamps & Dies.  None of my stamps were very similar to my 3D die cut flowers, so I pulled out the mini set called You Make Me Happy--a gift from my friend, Cat.  Thought it might work for the background & gotta say--I love the result!




The die cut bloom from the Layered Floral Elements die set was cut from 2 shades of purple cardstock & the leaves from aqua & vellum.  The sentiment from Painted Greetings was stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer & I added silver Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm also entering Inkspirational (flower with 3 layers, 3 vellum branches, 5 dots.)
Altenew
My final card was inspired by Judy's inspiration for the ModSquad challenge.  I had fun stamping SSS Sketch Ranunculus images in SSS Antique Gold & coloring them with 3 Zigs & a waterbrush.


I heat embossed gold dots using a Quickie Glue pen instead of ink.  The panel was cut into 3 & attached with fun foam to a purple panel.  The sentiment from Painted Greetings was gold embossed on vellum & gold sequins finish it off.  I'm also entering The 30 Day Coloring Challenge, Inkspirational (3 of each image, 3 panels, 5 sequins), SSS Monday & The Flower Challenge.
Modsquad Challenge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



18 comments:

  1. Beautiful array of cards Greta. Loving the blues, purples and soft lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+ homework, Greta - the layered up blue flower is gorgeous; the stamp selection with the floral is so pretty; and love the triple panel in the third card - super idea how you embossed the gold dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 great cards. Love the last card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wonderful layers on the gorgeous flowers, Greta! And, I do love the very pretty color choices for your amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a striking first card with the layering of the gorgeous blue part of the die cut flower. Love the way you stamped and used die cards on the second pretty card and the stamps and the colours on your third card and so very beautiful x Wonderful selection of cards Greta x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Saw your entries at Mod Squad and Flower Challenge. We seem to have similar likes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower cards are lovely Greta. The first card is so inspiring. TY for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. another outstanding set of cards, greta! the die cutting is fabulous and I love the soft watercoloring on the 3rd card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS cards, and I love your choice of color and stamps. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are all so gorgeous and well designed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your homework cards are stunners. I still have a bit to do... and your last card is so awesome. Love the colours of it and the vellum stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my goodness, a trio of PRETTINESS Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three different cards, each beautiful and unique. I love the different effects by treating the layers on the first card. So lush in navy!. The purple and turquoise one is so pretty and so is the delicate stamping on the triptych card. Inspiring as always. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS, all of them are so beautiful Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your different ways of using flower images to make stunning cards.Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards. The first card was submitted to Die Cut Divas and it is so vivid the way you've handled the die cutting and flowers. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! The flowers are beautiful on each of the cards!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. so very pretty...
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.