Sunday, July 21, 2019

MFT Camp Create

Warning--long post!  MFT Camp Create is always fun & I've made 4 cards.


Day 1: Wonderful Watercolor
The background was made with Color Burst powders Ultramarine Blue & Pthalo Green mixed with water & applied to watercolor paper with a flat brush.  I also splattered both colors & die cut the panel with MFT In & Out Stitched Rounded Squares.  The panel was inlaid into a gray square.  MFT Peaceful Wildflowers were stamped in Versafine Claire Morning Mist, heat embossed in JudiKins Iridescent Sparkle powder & die cut.  The sparkle is beautiful in person.
I arranged the bouquet & added a silver floss bow before attaching it to the panel & stamping the sentiment from the same set.  I'm also entering MFT Birthday ChallengeCountry View ChallengesDRU & SSS Wednesday.
Help yourself to our buddy buttonGrab our Badge!
Day 2: Remarkable Resist
I love emboss resist, but wanted to do something a little different.  I white embossed MFT Geometric Grid Background leaving some areas not completely stamped.  I taped the 2 MFT retired Chevron dies together & die cut multiple times until the entire panel was cut.  Didn't realize when I started, by taping the 2 dies together I also got a 3rd very thin chevron with each pass.  I kept all the die cuts in order on a piece of masking paper & then blended Distress Inks as close as I could get to the MFT Color Challenge, attaching them to a kraft panel as I went.
The gold foiled sentiment was done with MFT retired letter dies cut from adhesive backed fun foam & I added gold sequins filled with gold Stickles.  I'm also entering SSS WIW.

Day 3: Spectacular Shakers
Fun to use the MFT circle pouches to make a shaker--no foam tape required.  The card front was blended with Distress Inks victorian velvet, seedless preserves & aged mahogany & the shaker was backed with a black cardstock scrap.  More retired products used for this card:  Dizzy Doily die & On The Line sentiment.  To make it more festive, I heat embossed the doily with JudiKins Diamond Sparkle powder--so beautiful in person.
I found a little unlabeled bag of just the right sequins in my stash & couldn't resist adding some black splatters.  I'm also entering Double D & WAW.
Grab our badge:

Day 5:  Glitzy Glitter
You knew there'd be a Christmas card eventually, right?!  I had fun using MFT Christmas Tree Window die, a prize I won at The Snippets Playground.  I used DCWV glitter paper--hard to die cut, but very pretty sparkle.
The pink was a scrap--just the right size.  The black frame is MFT Stitched Oval Scallop Frames, the sentiment is from MFT Trim the Tree & I added black splatters & clear gems.  I'm also entering ModSquad.
Snippets Playground BadgeModsquad Challenge

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


24 comments:

  1. What a bumper post Greta which such an array of colour and inspiration, each is so different but if I had to choose a favourite it would be the vibrant zig zag creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, looks like you had a fabulous time at camp! All of your cards showcase the days themes nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Greta.... you are really on a roll. These are beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun, pretty and creative cards, thank you for entering our birthday challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card ! thank you for joining in with my challenge over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a line up, Greta! You do have fun with your stamping and I love it! Your birthday card is really perfect for our Double D challenge. Lots of sparkle and fun and pretty colors! Thanks so much for sharing in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous set of cards, greta! I can tell you had a fun time creating each one! I especially like the second one! Your idea to use the two dies together is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh these are great - what variety! I must check Camp Create out. I think my favourite is the chevron one as it's so colourful . The Christmas tree is a close second. Actually, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful homework for Camp Create - I never got around to doing it this year. love that shaker card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful are these projects. I love the shimmer and shine you added to each.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, go to the head of the class, Greta! You have rocked the classes with this beautiful cards!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. An A+ for you, star student! I like the sparkle and shimmer on each and every lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of work you've put into your cards. I appreciate them and you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A splendid collection of cards, with each one offering something special. I love the blue/green colours paired with grey on the first one. The vibrant chevron card is so cheery and fun. So much to like about the sparkly shaker card andcrisp clean styling of the Christmas card. Sound like you had a fabulous time at camp! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH! How wonderful, a fabulous set of cards, your chevron is so colourful and clever. LOVE them ALL, you are so creative.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birthday’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me again!! Beautiful colors on your watercolor creation! Great job Greta! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see that you had a lot of fun with this camp! Gorgeous creations! I hope all is well with you and you are staying cool my friend

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! You are totally rocking Camp Create! I have had a crazy month, so no time to join this time around... But your cards look amazing... When I get some extra time I may just try these techniques out! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for entering your blue card into our July challenge over at Country View. It's lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards Greta - and I'm so delighted to see you using your snippets prize. I love the design! AND, that zig zag card also looks like a snippets buster to me :)

    Sorry I'm late commenting - blame Dudley Dog :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, your shaker card is just beautiful! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Birthday Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have been super busy! Your day 2 card is stunning. I love the gold and how you mixed the chevron patterns. Terrific work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous cards Greta, great to have a time to just create Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.