Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Exchange Card and Hero Arts Christmas

For my September CCC card, I took apart THIS CARD from several years ago.  I loved the focal point, but not the card.  Here's the new version that isn't quite so CAS and has more interest.
I stamped PTI Simple Stems and Vogue Vase in Brilliance Starlite Black.   The vase was die cut, brushed with a shimmer pen and covered in Nuvo Glaze.  It almost looks like ceramic.  The CCC is celebrating 15 years--a big accomplishment!  Why not join us?
I posted a second card for the current Stay Crafty with Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge on IG, but I prefer to enter from my blog.  Plus, I know some of you don't go on IG.  Anyway, if you're an oldie like me, you may have or remember Hero Arts 2011 Merriest Christmas Wishes stamp set.  This time I used it to make cards for hubby's cousins, which are always all alike.    
I had the stamp in my MISTI so I could stamp repeatedly until the Versafine Clair Blue Belle covered completely.  I did the same thing for the sentiment, stamping in Versafine Satin Red.  The cardinal was colored with Jane Davenport Thriller Jacket brush pen and Distress marker antique linen.  I used a white Posca pen over the snow dots--easy to do and didn't take very long.  A true one layer card that won't need extra postage.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



7 comments:

  1. Pretty vase & I love the neutrals, Greta!! Great CCC card!! Love your sweet birdie in the birch trees too - I have that stamp around here somewhere (last used in 2020). Oldie but goodie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, these are CAS perfection my friend! Love the Christmas card to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish in the mono colour palette Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards, Greta. I love the monochrome design on your first card and your second card is so striking.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Greta. I bet that simple vase looks wonderful in real life with the glaze and that blue with the pops of red is simply stunning. A great design for multiples too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great upcycling on your first card and love that Hero Arts stamp. Great use of the blue ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the elegance of the black and white! And beautifully done with the Hero Arts stamp. I had it and I loved it but never got a good image out of it! LOVE yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.