Monday, August 5, 2019

ITP & Poppystamps

This hot weather is good for cardmaking & I have a couple to show you today.  First is my entry for ITP LFF Black & White.  I usually add a splash of color to my black & white cards, but I actually love how this turned out. 
I stamped floral images & the sentiment from PTI Simple Stems in Brilliance Graphite Black.  The vase from PTI Vogue Vases was stamped in the same ink, die cut, brushed with a shimmer pen & covered in Nuvo Glaze.  Gotta say, Nuvo Glaze is the best product for adding a smooth clear layer to die cuts or stamped images.  I never have trouble with bubbles & it comes out of the bottle easily.  I added a couple extra cardstock layers for just a bit of dimension.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.

Next is my entry for Poppystamps August challenge with the theme of Back to School or Anything But a Card.  Decided to make a gift tag using Poppystamps Tunnel Tags, Gentle Leaf Collage & Scribble Thank You.
At first I planned to use green glitter paper for the largest tag, but I thought it might look like Christmas, so I switched to this beautiful copper metallic instead.  The sentiment is die cut from a dark brown scrap & stacked 2 high.  Sometimes you buy something & then wonder why you got it. That sure doesn't apply to the Gentle Leaf Collage which I really love.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday & The Snippets Playground.
08-19 copySnippets Playground Badge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


24 comments:

  1. Your black & white card is lovely! I adore that vase! and I love how elegant your tag looks. So perfect for Fall!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is as lovely as it can be, but my goodness...your card is incredible! It's perfect Greta, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and white theme is so crisp, clean and elegant. Love how you use the Nuvo Glaze; it sounds like something I should add to my stash. The tag is glowing and gorgeous; the leaf collage reminds me of wheat fields shimmering in the summer heat. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Greta. I really love your B&W card, Really elegant. And your tag is simply adorable. Love the fabulous colour on your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous makes, Greta! Both are lovely, but that card is very special, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two such different projects and yet they share one thing...great execution. Your black and white is lovely in its simplicity. Your tag is fab with the gold outline/larger tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are lovely Greta. The black and white is so striking and the autumn tones are so cozy. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful creations, Greta - love the design of both - the tag is so pretty and love the autumn colors - black and white just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your CAS card is so elegant and love the monochromatic look. The copper on the tag looks wonderful and the leaf collage is so very striking x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, both are just beautiful, Greta!! I love the crisp tones of your first card, and the warm tones of your tag..Both so gorgeous! I got a good chuckle out of you saying the warm weather is perfect for crafting...I can imagine it's a nice reprieve, but I'm so the opposite! Probably something to do with the fact that we get 6 months of crazy winter! lol I'm a tad eager for the chilly days to come back, so I can get back into the swing of things! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful card and another equally beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The vase and flowers look so elegant in the graphite black, Greta! Love the warm fall colors you used for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful vase with gorgeous design on it! A lovely CAS card! And, wonderful tag in pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love the minimalist bouquet in vase - perfect in black & white, Greta!! And what a gorgeous tag - that coppery paper really makes it special!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are two of my favorites you've made. I love the black and white, simple and clean. The tag is gorgeous and looks like fall. It's on it's way I think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are wonderful Greta! Clever you, just perfection.As Brenda says, the black and white card is so clean looking - and I adore the shine on your tag!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. PS Of course I had to run off and buy a bottle of Nuvo Glaze didn't I?! Thanks for the tip off! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous and elegant card and a fab tag with beautiful Autumn shade.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card and tag are so lovely! The vase on your black and white card is just fabulous - such an elegant card. Love the shine on your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your black and white card too! So elegant Greta and what a stunning tag...That's a gorgeous die cut you used

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this black and white card to bits. I must give Nuvo glaze a try. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the warm vibes on that golden brown tag. Thank you for joining us at the Poppystamps blog, hope to see you join in future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful tag greta.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.