Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Time Out Challenge #275

We have a fun theme for Time Out Challenge #275:  Baking/Sweet Treats.  Our great sponsor, Lawn Fawn, is giving the winner a $25 store credit.  
I have very few products that would work, but one I really like is PTI's 2018 Your Beautiful Birthday stamp set.  The images make for a kind of funky, artsy cake.  You can get lots of different looks using the layers however you want and with any colors.  
I decided to go with more of an elegant take this time by using a monochromatic color palette and spraying Heidi Swapp white Color Shine over the stamped oval.  The CN9 inks are Aqua Sky, Tidepool and Evergreen.  I used the same inks for the colored strips in the background which were die cut with PFS Color Block Stripes cover plate.  The cake plate, candles and sentiment from PTI Scripted were stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  I used PTI Orange Zest and Harvest Gold for the flame and glow.  It's amazing those tiny stamps haven't gotten lost!  The larger Altenew oval was die cut from PTI Weathervane cardstock.  I remembered that stars are often used for birthday cards, so I embossed Tim Holtz Tiny Stars folder for the background.  
You can find all the challenge details on the blog, along with lots of inspiration from our GD and my teammates.  I'm entering DCD and WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. Beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same with that theme Greta, a very alternative take coming up for me shortly, but yours is a great take on the theme, nice soft colours as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.