Sunday, June 2, 2024

Card Chain Challenge

The Card Chain Challenge started many years ago.  There aren't a lot of players left from the early days, but I'm one of them.  I was the letter writer in the family beginning when I was in grade school.  So, exchanging cards every month with people all over the world really appealed to me.  There are actually more players outside the US now.  It's only once a month and the prompts always include friendship.  You can even send a card from your stash, which I have often done.  Why not consider joining us?  All the details can be found at The Card Chain Challenge.
Anyway, my card for May went to a blogging friend I've known for many years, Linda in Minnesota.  The color combo of Gold, Raspberry, Blueberry appealed to me.  I wanted to see how they would look using Altenew's Floral Radiance Layering stencil set which was one of the products I received as a guest designer in April.  Here's the first card I made posted on IG in April using blues and greens.
For Linda's card I used CN9 Dragonfruit and Blueberry with the detail layer gold embossed.  Talk about a totally different look!  
I splattered the inks and used gold embossing powder for the detail layer.  The panel was spritzed with a favorited old Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist called Irridescent Gold.  You might get a hint of it in the close up below.  
The scalloped rectangle is from Elizabeth Crafts and I used PTI Dark Indigo for the mat.  I didn't want to cover up much of the design and thought this sentiment from Alex Syberia Spring Garden was a great size.  I seldom use this type of sentiment which seems a bit "preachy" to me.  However, Linda certainly does enjoy life with her years of being in Sweet Adelines Chorus, making cards and spending time with family and friends.  I added gold thread and Altenew Satin Gold sequins.  I'm entering SSS MondaySSS Wednesday and WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


16 comments:

  1. I love your card in the vibrant pink and blue and the addition of the gold touches really makes it special. Well done for being a part of the CCC for so long xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty in the May challenge colors Greta! Beautiful bright florals with the lovely touches of gold! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you used the May colours Greta, this looks fabulous and I’m sure Linda loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards. Your May card looks amazing in the the bright vivid colours.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing another view of that stencil, Greta - very versatile, isn't it?! Thanks for the gorgeous card in the May colors and for the die cut/embossed bits - love everything! So glad to know you all these years (nearly 15!) through card making!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous Greta. I love the colours you used here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and pretty Greta! It's a cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, I love the gold layer, it’s given me ideas for a different look. It’s such a contrast to your first card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two really different looks Greta, in the bright pinks had to realise it's the same set till you look closer.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both color variations and am really amazed at how different the results are. HUgs Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely this set looks in the different colour-ways! Beautiful work as always, Greta. You really are one of our long term players and it just wouldn't be CCC without you. Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely idea Greta and your card is just Gorgeous, I'm sure it will be greeted with joy. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards, Greta! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The card you sent to Linda is so pretty, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two really gorgeous cards Greta, love the bright florals!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.