Saturday, June 22, 2024

Birthday Balloons

I picked out 3 sheets of very old Penny Black cardstock I've been hoarding.  It came in sets of 3 shades of each color and I picked 2 yellows and a blue because of Color Hues June 1 challenge.  I got Birch Press Floral Balloon dies in a recent sale and had fun putting them together.  Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with a card and missed that challenge along with a couple others.  Finally, a couple days ago I got this card made, using a couple old Penny Black balloon dies, a PTI bow die and a sentiment from Poppystamps Hope and Thanks stamped in Altenew Persian Blue. 
The yellow flowers and the light yellow behind the negative balloon spaces were covered with a shimmer pen--so pretty in person.  The bow is covered with glaze and I added little yellow gems from my stash.  I'm entering Poppystamps and WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



12 comments:

  1. Just love the bright colors, Greta - that balloon is so fun!! You didn't make the Color Hues challenge deadline but I'm glad you shared this cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pretty bright and happy floral balloon, Greta! You might have missed the first challenge you set out to enter, but I'm glad you got this delightful card entered over at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday card! I love that patterned paper. So sorry you missed the Color Hues Challenge, but know PoppyStamps and WAW will be happy to see this bright and happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Greta. I love the bright colour combination, so striking.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the blue and yellow colour Greta. Such a fun card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colours, card and design Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and fun birthday card, Greta! I love the Birch Press Design Floral Balloon paired up with the small balloon dies and the fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving that blue and yellow, so gorgeous and dramatic. great use of that balloon die too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing balloon Greta, love the colour mix and the design on this beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Greta. Love the yellow and blue (no surprise there...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Greta: What a sweet card. I love the colors and the darling balloons. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so clean yet so many wonderful details! I love the negatives in the background and the detail on the yellow and blue floral in the foreground. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.