Friday, June 28, 2024

Stencilled Cards

As most of you know, pink is my favorite color.  Naturally, I like to enter challenges asking for that color.  The Altenew June Inspiration Challenge photo is a patch of pink and purple flowers.  My first thought was to use the Floral Radiance Layering Stencils, part of what I received to guest design in April.  
Here's a close up so you can sort of see that I used the Dotted Swirls Debossing Cover die over the panel--a look I really love.  Sorry my pictures didn't come out that good.
The sentiment from Timeless Sentiments 2 was attached over white crochet thread.  I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the white letters and black enamel dots for embellishment.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.  
Usually I've made lots of Christmas cards by this time in the year.  That hasn't happened, even though they're my favorite to make.  Color Hues challenge is Sage and Pink--perfect for CN9 Boughs & Holly Stencils.  I used Distress Oxides bundled sage, kitsch flamingo and vintage photo.
I haven't used these stencils very much, so this time I actually looked at the information.  Each stencil is intended to be inked, rotated 180 degrees and inked again.  Boy does that make a big difference from the look I got last time--haha!  I used a light hand for one layer and a bit darker for the other one.  Can't wait to make some more!  The sentiment from MFT is die cut from silver metallic cardstock, also used for the mat.  I also added silver splatters and a few sequins that happened to match perfectly.  I'm also entering Just Us Girls.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



17 comments:

  1. Two pretty cards, Greta! I especially love your JUGs entry. What a sweet wreath that is, might have to check that out. Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta both of your cards are lovely! I never thought about using that C9 stencil with other colours than green and red!! Looks fantastic!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Greta (I love PINK too!!), and I'm especially loving the wreath card! I have that stencil too and never knew you had to rotate it to get the full effect! And I love how well our challenge colors worked on the wreath too! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at the Color Hues Challenge...we always love seeing you in the gallery!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer on a card or should I say cards Greta, the first is just so beautifully done and I'm always a sucker for a floral or leafy wreath.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards, Greta. I love the effect of the cover die on your first cards and your wreath is so pretty.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards Greta. Great use of stencils and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. both projects are so pretty Greta!
    Thanks for joining us for the Color Hues challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are sooo pretty! This wreath couldn't be prettier. I love a non-traditional colored Christmas card and this one will be on my mind now. Love it!!! Thanks for. sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards Greta, love the first with its pretty colours and the wreath and joy on the second. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are gorgeous. I haven't made a single Christmas card yet this year, so compared to me you are doing really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta, you are so talented! I love your first card and the coverplate really brings it up a notch. Card number 2 is just as perfect as can be. You nailed the sage color perfectly! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pinkness here for sure. Sweet cards and festive too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are such pretty cards and great colors on both. I love your stenciling on the first card and that wreath is so gorgeous with the pink and sage. I think sage is such an underrated color. Your profile picture is so good of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely cards, Greta! Love the stenciled flower card! And, your wreath card is just as lovely! Very pretty soft pink berries and wonderful joy sentiment! Have a great week, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous use of stenciling! It does make “coloring” easy 😉 thanks for joining in JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful set of cards, Greta! The stenciled and debossed background on the first card is gorgeous! The wreath on the second card in pink and sage is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely stenciling on both cards, Greta! I hear you on not being as far along as I'd like on Christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.