Sunday, February 13, 2022

Valentine and Birthday

The challenge at ModSquad is to make a card showcasing hearts and flowers.  I stamped the image from GK A Big Hello in Altenew Ruby Red on opposite corners of the white panel.  It's a beautiful deep red I need to remember to use.  
Then I die cut Memory Box Grand Heart from the center of the panel, added some additional heart layers & glued it back in place.  The sentiment from IO Valentine Hearts was embossed in JudiKins Black Diamond powder. 
It has a beautiful sparkle in real life, even though this font is pretty thin.  Decided against adding splatters, for a change--haha!  The tiny GK heart embellishments are so sweet & provided the perfect finishing touch.  I'm also entering SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday & TTTC148 with red, free, die cut.
I have some cardstock sampler packs from PTI.  One of them includes 2 sheets of True Black, which I've never used.  That turned out to be a good thing, since I wanted to enter The Great Cover Up challenge to make a card with a True Black cardstock background.  I haven't used Framed in Florals very often & really wanted to see what I could come up with.  I could have used my Zigs, but instead I did loose coloring using PTI inks & a smaller make up brush.  
The colors are Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Blueberry Sky, Dark Indigo, Pinefeather, New Leaf & Prairie Grass.  I added Stardust Stickles to the flowers & berries.  The diecut is stacked several high & the sentiment from Friendly Flowers is silver embossed. 
I matted the panel with silver metallic cardstock before adding it to the black card front.  The Rainstones are a subtle embellishment when used on black cardstock--just what this card needed.  I'm also entering Seize the Birthday & The Flower Challenge.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



13 comments:

  1. Superb creating Greta. I love the red and black card, so striking and elegant. The Birthday card is beautiful too. I like the soft approach with the florals. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are lovely Greta but the first is simply stunning.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards Greta. Love the red flowers and the hidden heart. Looks amazing. Your birthday card is fabulous too. I saw it over at The Flower Challenge and loved it

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soft blended flowers look so pretty against the black background of your card, Greta! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Valentine and bday card, Greta! Hope you had a wonderful birthday, almost birthday twin!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Valentine card Greta, your birthday card is beauitful, love the design and the colours on the black card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely, and that black is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two pretty cards, Greta! I love the look of the Framed in Florals! How did I miss those? Hope your birthday was special... just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Striking second card with the dark card stock but WOW to the first amazing and eye catching card. A real beauty Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love your entry to THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, the dark card stock embossed in gold makes your spray of beautiful flowers really pop.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card. I love the red and white, and then just a pop of black. Very striking!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad. Hope to see you back again soon.
    Judy~ MSC Desigher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards, love the hidden heart on the first and the lovely black background that shows off those flowers on the second xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta that Valentine's card is stunning! I love the subtle eclipse effect of the heart amongst those red blooms. Thanks for sharing with us over at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.