Saturday, February 26, 2022

Friendship Cards

Most of the time I make friendship cards which I can send for a special occasion or just to keep in touch.  Here's a good example, as this card was used for a birthday.  It's also my entry for the February PFS Challenge using the theme of friendship love.  
The images from PFS Sweet Friend Floral were gold embossed, die cut & colored using the stencils.  It's a single stamp & single die.  Didn't dawn on me to do the coloring before die cutting, so I just put them all back into the negative spaces.  The PTI inks I used are Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Green Parakeet & New Leaf.  Even without doing a perfect job, I love these sweet images!  PFS Fancy Oval Frame was covered in shimmer & attached to a soft yellow textured panel splattered with white gouache & gold watercolor.  
I arranged the bouquet & added a sheer gold bow.  The sentiment from PFS Delicate Wreath was stamped in Tropical Teal on a PTI Tiny Tag & I added yellow jewels.
Next is my card for Gina K Monthly Mix Challenge.  I don't do Fun Folds very often, but I have made a few gatefold cards over the years.  Decided to go with that design & stamped images from GK's A Happy Hello, Mini Wreath Builder & Sketch Wreath Builder.
The inks are PTI Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Green Parakeet & New Leaf.  I added teal & green splatters, white Pico Embellisher dots in the big flower centers & Stardust Stickles in the tiny flower centers.  The band that slips on & off was made from Green Parakeet cardstock. 
The GK Friend Caps die was cut twice from white scraps so I could stack the letters.  I covered them in Nuvo Glaze & then used the negative space to line them up on the band.  Finished off with some teal jewels.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
I've started following some new to me designers for a fresh perspective.  They really inspire me with beautifully modern designs.  I had their work in mind as I made my card using the sketch at FMS.  I may have stretched it too far, but I do love how this turned out.  
The branches from M&C Boutique die set, a gift years ago from my dear friend, Ros, were die cut from white scraps.  I colored them with markers & added Stickles to the berries.  EH Hex Frames was die cut from black & covered in Shimmer Pico Embellisher.  The background is PTI Soft Stone embossed with WRMK 3D geometric embossing folder. 
I gave the tiny Poppystamps Birds & Branches die to a friend several years ago after cutting some for me.  Finally I had a chance to use 2 of the little birds which I covered in Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher.  The sentiment from PTI Prominent Petals was popped up & I added some of my very old gray Rain Dots.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground.
Heartbreaking that Russia has invaded Ukraine.  There is certainly no shortage of evil in the world.  It can be somewhat hidden at times & other times it's so very obvious.  We must never take our freedom for granted.  It's not only war that can erode it.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


14 comments:

  1. More sweet cards, Greta. Love the colors and the dreamy spring feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three perfectly delightful cards, Greta! The first is my favorite! Love the flowers and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous cards Greta. That first one with it's soft pastel colours is awesome and love the colours on the other two. Beautifully done cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your cards are so pretty Greta.

    I'm glad to see you in the Snippets Playground where the sun always shines and there is no war. I'll cheer you up with a mug of coffee and some cookies. You feel better already don't you? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three great cards with wonderful color combinations. I am partial to the first card with the lovely bouquet in those soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely cards Greta - as always. Love your snippets entry and have serious pen envy here. Such a feminine pen you used to 'stage' your beautiful card.

    The situation in Ukraine is absolutely heartbreaking - goodness know where it will end either.

    Hugs

    Di xx and Mister W-B of course! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. More gorgeous, delicate, fabulous designs Greta, Love your dies.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. another lovely set of cards. love the soft coloring on your card for the pinkfresh challenge. it is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful trio of fresh and clean cards! I love all of the soft colors and delicate dies. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and what delicate dies on the first one x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely set of cards, Greta. Thanks so much for joining us at freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards, love the embossed background on the last one and the lovely soft colours on the first one xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards and Thank you for joining in this months challenge over at Gina k. Designs! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! The first card is absolutely superb; I have just ordered that oval frame and I love the PFS floral you used. Gatefolds are fun aren't they? and yours looks fresh and crisp in green and blue. The delicate branches on the quilt look background are delightful. How could you bear to give the die away? Very generous of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.