Thursday, February 24, 2022

Memory Box, PTI, Uniko

With pink being my favorite color, I couldn't miss the February Memory Box Tickled Pink Challenge!  I started by brushing Distress Oxide spun sugar over the MB Texture Distressed Grid stencil.  
I lightly stamped an old favorite text stamp, added a bit of black soot Distress Ink on the edges & splattered with white gouache & the black ink.  I die cut MB Moonlight Butterfly 3 times from white scraps & randomly stamped them with a flower from Poppystamps Friends & Flowers in Distress Oxide kitsch flamingo.  Then I lightly brushed on Distress Oxide spun sugar, edged them with black soot & added Stardust Stickles to the wings.  The bodies were brushed with kitsch flamingo & covered in Shimmer Pico Embellisher. 
The sentiment from the set was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I attached the butterflies gluing only the bodies & lightly curving the wings down.  The pretty little gems were a gift long ago that I've decided to stop hoarding!  
The Feb 18 PTI Challenge is to make a BD card with a wow factor.  Decided it would be a good time to try an edge to edge shaker panel.  There are a lot of videos, but here's the one I watched.  I really like the fun PTI set called Your Beautiful Birthday. 
I stamped the layers in Lovely Lady, Blueberry Sky, Winter Wisteria & Green Parakeet.  The dots, candles & little stars from the Balloons & Banners set were stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer.  The flames are done in Bright Buttercup & Terracotta Tile.  The cake plate & words are stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I also added silver embossing to the edges of the panel, not thinking about the shaker elements pretty much covering it up!
Then again, I may have gone a bit overboard in adding confetti, sequins, seed beads & Shaved Ice--haha!  Good thing I heat embossed the words so they show up better.  Hopefully, it will make the recipient smile.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
My last card is for Uniko's 10th Anniversary IG challenge & CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge 458.  When I saw the sketch it made me think of ink cubes, so that's how I started.  Altenew Forest Glades was pressed & rubbed on an acrylic block in the pattern you see, spritzed lightly & "stamped" onto the card front.  
Then I stamped the beautiful larger branch from Uniko's Season of Beauty which has lovely modern poinsettia images & great holiday sentiments.  Love that the branches work for many kinds of cards all year long.  Happy Birthday from Uniko's Floral Vines was stamped in Forest Glades & Versamark so I could clear emboss it.  
Since this is a card for a guy, no embellishments.  I may end up adding some splatters, but left them off for now.  Just realized I can also enter this at Time Out where they're celebrating 8 years--congrats!
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


15 comments:

  1. Three gorgeous cards, Greta. My favourite is the last one, beautifully CAS and perfect for a guy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a whole lot of pretty, Greta! I love the soft pink on your first card, so sweet. I tried an edge to edge shaker a while back... epic fail LOL!! I think my acetate was too thick. I need to try again, you've inspired me with your festive card! Your final card is my favorite, love the CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beauties, Greta - just love the two pink ones but I think the neutral one is my fave - CAS perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those soft pink butterflies are so sweet with that wonderful sentiment. The shaker card is so pretty and all the "stuff" looks great. You are right about that branch, it goes with everything - just like a great pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Greta, love the soft colours and butterflies on the first card and the shaker element and different shades on your second. The green and brown? of your third is another delicate but so beautiful card too. Love all of these Greta, gorgeous work.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the beautiful layering on the first card, Greta. The shaker element on the second is so fun. The third one is just so serene and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two pretty in pink cards and a great third one. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous collection of beautiful cards Greta. Extra love the first tonal 'Pink' card with the subtle stencilling, text stamping and those pretty butterflies x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta - fabulous collection of cards. Loving the soft colors in all and the black soot bit on the wings of the first is genius. That one is hanging onto my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All 3 cards are wonderful. I really love the simplicity of the third. Great idea to create the background with ink cubes. Using the branch from that wonderful poinsettia set was brilliant. I must remember that for future creations there are other things in it to use for various occasions. Thanks co much for playing with us for our birthday celebration at Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three great cards, love the soft pink of the first one, the over the top shaker element of the second (I always do that too) and the beautiful simple CAS design of the third xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Playing catch up Greta, after a busy couple of weeks. Three unusual cards, all offering something special. Love the butterfly card, the lush random approach on the second card and the clean and simple Birthday card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love these! The soft colors of the squares and the use of an ink cube is brilliant!! Beautiful cards, thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card, Greta! It's so soft, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the subtle patterns in the pink card - it's so soft and delicate and also has so much amazing detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.