Monday, August 30, 2021

Last minute challenge entries

I'm back with a couple cards to enter challenges about to end.  First is PTI Impress a die into the background.  I impressed one of the Border Bling: Skinny Diagonals Frames into a panel of Fine Linen cardstock.  
Friendship Jar Flowers stem was die cut from a brown textured scrap & the little flowers from a Fine Linen scrap.  I brushed some brown ink on the ends of the petals & added metallic dots.  
The sentiment from Mat Stack 3 Collection was stamped in brown ink.  I added brown splatters & copper spray mist which has a gorgeous shimmer in real life.  This card went to a male relative recovering from surgery.  I'm also entering SSS Monday & SSS Wednesday.
I missed last month's Altenew challenge, but this month's color combo is beautiful!  I also hadn't used the Climber Flowers Die set yet, so I made a card for the August Inspiration Challenge.  
I die cut the flowers & leaves from watercolor paper & watercolored them with Distress Inks picked raspberry, milled lavender & peacock feathers.  The splatters are a black zig & white gauche.  
For the background I cut down the Watercolor Stripes die cut & stamped the sentiment from Flower Vine.  Finished off with black Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm also entering Die Cut Divas & SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



18 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of your dies, Greta! These are both lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Greta!! Two beauties using wonderful flowers dies!! Love the colors on your second card, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta, fabulous collection of cards. Your first is a fabulous man card, heck anyone would be happy to get it. I love that it looks a bit as if its done in sepia. Your beautiful pink bloom sits so nicely on the black stripes. Love that card too. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards Greta, lovely designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Greta. Love how you used the die to add the embossed frame on your first card and the second one is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Greta! Just love the embossed frame die with the neutrals on card one and so glad you fit in the wonderful watercolored flowers into our Die Cut Diva Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Two beautiful cards Greta. I love the impressed die frame on the neutral card and the vivid colours on the Hugs card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. another lovely set of cards, greta! clever how you trimmed down the watercolor stripes die to create a square!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards look amazing Greta. Gorgeous tonal first card and a striking square card, so eye catching and I love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first card is really special, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely pair of cards, Greta! I love the soothing neutral colours on the first card and the embossed impression is gorgeous. The second card is so glamourous with the bold background for the pretty flowers.
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super colour combinations and super cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are very pretty. What I really like about the first card is that it is tone on tone and the second card is very cheerful because of its choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So loving your embossed frame it is beautiful and the Altnew card is striking <3 love both of your cards

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish that I could sit in your craft area and watch you create! Love the details on the neutral card and the colorful layers on the square one! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautiful cards Greta! I've been waiting for impression pads to come back into stock everywhere because I LOVE the 'emboss with a die' technique! You've picked a great die for your embossed background on your first card. Love your layered die cut flowers too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both cards. The muted neutrals of the first are lovely, and the zingy pops of colour on the striped background of the second really work for contrast.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.