Sunday, August 22, 2021

Poppystamps, Hero Arts, Simon Says Stamp

Happy to say we've had lots of clouds & actually had a rain shower that lasted about 5 minutes.  The air smelled so good!  Hope you didn't faint to see I've done another blog post so soon--haha!  Some challenges can't be entered via IG, so that gave me a nudge.
First is my card for Poppystamps August Challenge which is anything goes.  I've always loved their Gentle Leaf Collage die, but don't think I made a stencil with it until now.  
I used a stencil blank which is a little flimsier than stencils you buy, but should still last a long time with care.  It worked beautifully for my card.  I brushed Distress Oxide vintage photo through the stencil, clear embossed & repeated the process.  Then I brushed the panel with Distress Oxides abandoned coral, spiced marmalade & fossilized amber.  
I added water drops & gold splatters.  The plain brown card front looked too plain, so I dry embossed it with Sizzix Botanical 3D folder--so beautiful!  The little Poppystamps thank you dies were cut from gold cardstock & I added gold sequins.  Yep--I'm ready for Fall!  I'm also entering SSS Monday, SSS WednesdaySnippets Playground (all cardstock scraps) & WAW.

Next is an entry for ABNH Background Basics challenge on IG & Stay Crafty with Hero Rainbow challenge.  So fun to pull out the beautiful 2012 HA Leafy Vine stamp I HAD to have, but hadn't used in ages.  
Quite awhile ago I saw a video where a rainbow was made with pink, yellow & blue inks.  Thought this was a good time to give it a try, so I pulled out Distress Oxides worn lipstick, squeezed lemonade & salvaged patina.  Made a beautiful pastel rainbow.  When it dried I gold embossed the vines, die cut it & attached it to an ivory card.  
I didn't want to cover up much of the panel, so just added the Spellbinders Bold Type Hello & the 2 small images from HA Paper Layering Dandelion die set--thanks, Betty!  The gold cardstock is pretty inexpensive, especially with a Michael's coupon, & it die cut great!  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
I loved every card I saw made with SSS Etched Laurel Leaves die set, so eventually I got it.  Wreaths are one of my favorite images, so I die cut the small branch from blues & greens in the Scrapbook.com Cools Smooth Cardstock pad.  
Thanks to Daria, I was reminded that you can dry emboss with a stencil.  Here I used SSS Square Dance stencil.  The silver glitter sentiment from Mama Elephant was stacked 3 high.  
I added Star Dust Stickles to the ends of the leaves & finished off with very old silver pearls in my stash.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.




15 comments:

  1. Honey we have had more rain than we can handle! It's been a summer wash out and so it continues... Lovely lovely cards... I always enjoy seeing your creations and the different techniques that you do. Have a beautiful week... I'll send more rain if you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three gorgeous cards, Greta! Just love the embossed stenciled leaves (great texture behind too) on card one! The rainbow background looks amazing on card two and what a pretty leafy wreath for your third - you've been busy!! Glad you enjoyed your rain - we got some last night too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five minutes is quick but I'm glad it helped. We've had a few of those quick showers too. This is a beautiful display of cards. I didn't know you could emboss over DO ink so that is good to know. The soft rainbow is lovely and the wreath is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another gorgeous set of cards, greta. your ink blending on the first two is fabulous as always, but that last card really stole my heart. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning fall card, love the way you did the home made stencil leaf's and the dry embossed background looks so dimensional. The other two cards are so very pretty and the gentle embossing with the stencil looks wonderful. Three wonderful cards Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your cards. Your fall snippet card is gorgeous in the colors you used. Thanks for playing along at Pixie's Crafty Workshop. Bonnie Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need ink blending lessons from you! These are marvelous Greta. But I have to say I'm smitten with the last card. It's just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A trio of gorgeous cards Greta - each of them inspire me to try something different and I especially love the delicate background of the Hello card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous ink blending for your first two cards, Greta! And, love the beautiful wreath card, so pretty! I’m drawn to the first and last card! The first card has wonderful interest in the design, embossing, and color! The last card is frame worthy for the dimension and perfect color! All great cards, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your cards are so well designed and beautiful! I love the rainbow of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, love your fabulous embossing and that wreath is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of pretties for us today Greta! I love them all! The first with the embossed panel, and the soft inky leaves, that soft distress oxide panel on the second.. love that angle shot where I can see the shine.. and of course the wreath of detailed leaves! That white on white with the silver accents is swoon worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful and creative as always, Greta. Thanks for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always a treat to have you play along with us. I also wanted to let you know about this....We have a brand new challenge blog, The Four Seasons - just started today. We'd sure LOVE to have you share your wonderful art with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    DT - The Four Seasons Challenge Blog
    https://thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. All three cards are wonderful Greta.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards as always Greta. So good to see you in the Snippets Playground. I know just what you mean about the fresh smell of rain!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.