Saturday, August 28, 2021

Hero Arts & PTI

So honored my card was picked as the winner of the August ABNH challenge, Background Basics.  Their blog is being worked on, so it was held on IG.  
My card was made with Hero Arts Bare Branched Tree, Irregular Checkerboard Background stencil & Messages with Flourish.  The Distress Inks are candied apple, abandoned coral & carved pumpkin.  
The panel was spritzed with copper shimmer mist & I finished off with black sequins.  I've had the tree stamp quite awhile, so glad to finally use it for a card.
Freshly Made Sketches is celebrating it's 500th challenge with a sketch I really like.  There are also a lot of great prizes.  I'm definitely in the mood for Fall, so I pulled out my old PTI Take 3: Fall.  
I used my MISTI so I could ink the stamps with 3 colors (Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold) over & over until I was happy.  The Canyon Clay frame is made with the matching die.  I stamped the image from Autumn Adornments in Summer Sunrise on a Summer Sunrise panel.  I added a couple cardstock layers to the pumpkin strip for dimension.  The sentiment from Bold Borders: Foliage was die cut multiple times, stacked & covered with Nuvo Glaze.  Finished off with a variety of sequins.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Here's my card for the PTI challenge to add color to Rainstones with Copic Markers.  Still having fun with Into the Blooms II die set.  Found this color combo in the sheets I printed when PTI gave them to us every month.  
The cardstock is Enchanted Evening, Autumn Rose & Sweet Blush with vellum for the leaves & a Soft Stone card.  I blended Scarlet Jewel on the big blooms & Autumn Rose on the small ones.  Hard to see, but I also used Dark Indigo on the Shape Shifters Circle 3 die cut.  Ink was splattered on all the die cuts, but it came out pretty light.  I used the old Linen Impression Plate on the card front.  Copic RV34 was used to color the Rainstones.  I black embossed the sentiment from Mat Stack 3 Collection--a real oldy!  Thanks to a friend, I have Autumn Rose printed paper--just what this card needed.  I made this for one of my college roommates who is recovering from back surgery.  I'm also entering SSS MondaySSS Wednesday & TTTC using middle horizontal row: Any color ink, free, any shape die cut.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


19 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win. Fabulous card, well worth being chosen winner. Love your other cards too. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card was definitely the winner, Greta - and two more wonderful cards today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win Greta, well-deserved. Your other cards are beautiful too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the win, Greta! It is a beautifully layered card. The second card is also gorgeous with the subtle stamping. Thanks for helping us celebrate #500 at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so much goodness here! Congrats on your win and thanks so much for joining us at FMS for our 500th! Your pumpkin card is delightfully fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warmest congratulations on your win at ABNH challenge. I love the greeting stamp you used. I often look at freshly made sketches and think I'll enter, but somehow it never happens. Your pumpkin card is a delight. The floral card looks gorgeous with the shades edges. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win! That is wonderful! And your cards are all wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! All of your cards are fabulous. I love the monochrome look on your pumpkin card. Thank you for celebrating with us at FMS for Sketch 500!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always a super display of cards.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous set of cards, greta! your card for the abnh challenge is amazing so i can absolutely see why it won! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three lovely cards Greta and a well deserved win! I love the die cut floral card in those moody colours at the end of your post. Thank you for playing with us at Tic Tac Toe this week :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three fab cards, Greta - love the tree through the stenciled squares, your trio of pumpkins and beautiful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your hero arts win. Such a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your win for the ABNH Challenge! It’s a lovely unique card! Beautiful pumpkin and flower card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fabulous set of cards! I absolutely love those pumpkins! So perfect for fall! Thanks for joining in our 500th celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your HA's win is well deserved! It's one of those cards that you stop, admire, and then try to figure out the process! I love the colors on the last card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many congratulations Great and what creative and unique cards x.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many beautiful cards. I am not surprised you won with that tree. What a stunner xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to you my friend! That tree is pretty amazing but then so are all your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.