Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Three Cards

I've been doing quite a bit of ink blending lately & here's another one.  My color inspiration came from JUGs challenge where my fellow Schnauzer mom, Carol, wants us to use pink, yellow & green.  
I used Distress Oxides kitsch flamingo, squeezed lemonade & cracked pistachio.  I splattered the inks (looks like water spots) & white gauche.  The Memory Box challenge is to make a white focal point, so I die cut Tall Poppy Left Corner twice from white cardstock, stacked them together & attached the die cut to my mini card.  The sentiment from Poppystamps Grateful Heart was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne & I finished with Shimmer Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm also entering DRUSSS Monday.  
AAA Card Challenge is calling for a one inch strip with the optional twist of a colored card base.  To be honest, I did 4 or 5 different strips before being happy with this one.  
I love pink & gray together, so I used PTI Pale Peony to stamp the small bloom from SSS Anna's Flowers. The sentiment from Stamplorations Bloomfully: Thankful was stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist. So glad I have a MISTI for the stamping! Really love the look of the gray card & couldn't resist adding 3 little pearls. I'm also entering SSS Flickr & SSS Wednesday.
Thought you might like to see a sympathy card I made a few weeks ago for an in-person blogging friend who lost her dad.  I was ready to try & sell my Altenew Layered Laurels stamp set. 
I've had so much trouble lining up the layers.  However, this time I finally realized to just stamp each one so the leaves are coming off the stem.  Starting with the darkest layer instead of following the guide worked for me.  The exact placement really doesn't matter.  I added splatters & a PTI sentiment.
Fritz has had quite a few bumps--none the vet is concerned about.  However, the other day a large sebaceous cyst on his back ruptured.  Luckily, it doesn't bother him, but the vet said big ones like this usually don't heal.  So, he may have a little surgery coming up.  Thankfully, his tummy problems are now much improved.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



17 comments:

  1. what gorgeous cards Greta. Love the last one... the different colours of leaves looks amazing. Hope Fritz is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Saw this on IG and had to come check it out! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at JUGS and Memory Box too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy again, Greta! Just love your pastel ink blending with the white flower atop! The floral strip for the sentiment on card two looks beautiful and I love the leafy sprig on card three! All gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think ink blending makes a great background and yours is lovely. What a beautiful card the multi colored leaves are. So gorgeous and thanks for the tip about lining up. I hope Fritz will heal but if he has surgery that will take care of it and he'll be good to go again. Pats to him from Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three great cards, as usual. I love the colours and ink blending on the first. The white die cut really looks amazing. That white strip with the flowers is such a good idea and it looks fabulous against the grey. your third card is just so stylish, love those splatters. I have that die set that I have not really used, so I think you might have inspired me to get it out and have a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echoing the others, Greta: your ink blending is lovely. A perfect background for your die-cut flowers! Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls with this gem! Your second and third cards are also beautiful. So much pretty happening in this post!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three lovely cards, Greta. I especially love the first one, the colours are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your CAS cards are all so beautiful! I admire each and every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three fab cards Greta. Especially like the first one with the background splattering and gorgeous ink blending. The clean, simple lines of the pink and grey card make it useful for an occasion. Finally the sympathy card ticks all the boxes - perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all CAS and fabulous! That sympathy card is stunning. Poor Fritz. I know schnauzers are prone to those bumps. Luckily Max didn't have them, but my late SIL's mini had lots of them, poor little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ink blending is always seamless and beautiful... 3 lovely cards Greta and I'm sorry to hear about Fritz! poor boy I hope all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect ink blending on your first card, so pretty!! I do like the pink gray for they were my wedding colors! And, your last card with the leaves is beautiful! Great tip for the placing of the leaves! I hope Fritz heals soon from the cyst. And, happy to hear that his stomach problems are improved! Our fur babies are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How tranquil is your grey and pink card, love it, Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a wonderful set of cards! the ink blending is spot on as always. love the elegant simplicity of the sympathy card. the middle card is CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, I adore the colours in your first card so beautifully blended

    ReplyDelete
  16. So in love with your sweet flowers!!! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely cards! The grey card is beautiful with colorful stamping and the pink and grey combination. So elegant! Thank you so much for joining us at AAA Cards. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.