Friday, August 20, 2021

Christmas Poinsettias & Snowflakes

Finally having some much needed cooler weather.  Now if only some of the excess rain in other states could be shifted to us!
The Uniko challenge is about to end, so I'm quickly posting my second entry.  I used Altenew watercolor markers directly on the poinsettia images from Season of Beauty & spritzed with water before stamping.  
I used Purple Wine on the bottom layer & Crimson on the next layer.  I gold embossed the outline, details & center.  The powder used on the centers has glitter in it.  
Rosemary's card gave me the idea to stamp on my MFT flag die cut.  It's large, so I made a mini slimline using Avery Elle's Winter Wreath set for the sentiment.  I added gold splatters to the flag which I mounted with fun foam & added 3 matte gold sequins around the sentiment.  I'm also entering DCD & SSS Wednesday.
I also made a second card for the August PFS challenge using the theme of stripes.  I used leftover red strips die cut with PFS Color Block Stripes.  
The sentiment & shadow are PFS Classic Holiday Words & are die cut from silver & white cardstocks. 
PFS Layered Snowflakes are die cut from the same silver glitter paper as the strip under the sentiment.  Finished with red splatters, gems & 2 rounded corners.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



16 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card-great banner idea for a slimline card! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my I wish the dark clouds would release some needed rain! I really like your poinsettia banner, Greta! You're really building your Christmas card stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Greta, I just lovely Poinsettias.

    Very interested reading you used Altenew Watercolour Markers, for years I've used Distress Markers as do a lot of direct to stamp inking, but they are discontinued and it's hard finding similar replacements. I've bought several different brands so far but non have the firmer tip and instead a soft brush, so I will go check these out to see what they offer.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely cards Greta. The soft watercolour look you achieved on your poinsettia is gorgeous. And love your star card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful effect with the stamping on your first amazing card Greta and the gold embossing looks so pretty x. Beautiful and shimmery second card too Greta x.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind and friendly comments, which I appreciate x. It's great to be back creating x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards, Greta! So delighted to see your yummy poinsettias at our Die Cut Diva Challenge!! And what a stunning trio of silver snowflakes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty, Greta. I like the slimline card but haven't made one yet. I'm so glad the heat has broken and you are sure welcome to have some of our rain this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the long banner on your first card and the sparkly snowflake on the second! Both wonderful, Greta! We're in for the heat this week. 90 and humid ~ blah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful set of christmas cards, greta! i'm so happy i inspired you to try adding your flowers to a banner die cut. they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful additions to the Christmas card stash, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two very gorgeous Christmas card designs. Both are so well done. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the slim line tag card with those gorgeous blooms. The Christmas card makes me shake in my boots, 'cos I'm no where near approaching the silly season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. Love how you have used the poinsettia from Uniko and a delight to see you in the challenge gallery again. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Christmas cards! A very interesting design with pretty poinsettias for your first card! And, love the bright second card with sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card Greta - it's Christmas totally captured!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful collection of beautiful Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.