Thursday, November 19, 2020

Fall Birthday & Christmas

I tried something new with my Altenew Tropical Fiesta watercolor markers.  First I lightly stamped the old PB Peony stamp in Versafine Vintage Sepia.  Then I colored with the markers directly on the rubber, spritzed & stamped--repeating until I was happy.  I do love adding splatters, especially to watercolored images.  Here I just used brown & gold. 
I wanted to enter CAS Mix Up, so I cut my panel down, backed it with a couple pieces of cardstock & attached it to a square, kraft card.  I gold embossed the sentiment from another old PB set.
I'm hoping this counts as watercolor & that it's OK to have the image going off all 4 edges.  I like using deeper colors & kraft cards for Fall birthdays.  Hopefully my friend likes it, too.
Edited to add: Also entering PBSC.

I usually don't buy kits as I really only want some of the products.  However, I now have my first Hero Arts kit & here's my first card using it!  
I stamped the 3 images using inks to go with the 2004 striped Doodlebug paper.  I had the stamps in my MISTI, so then I stamped in Versamark & embossed with HA Sparkle ep.  So pretty in person!
The dies line up easily on the stamped images.  I used TE Snowfall ef on the white rectangle mat for the house & added a couple pieces of cardstock for dimension that wouldn't require extra postage.  I added a bit of Stickles to the buttons, smoke & star.  The white embossed sentiments are in the stamp set, along with a lot of other images I can't wait to use.  I'm entering Stay Crafty with Hero Slimline Holiday via Flickr, ABNH, SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday, Christmas Kickstart & Let's Squash It.



My final card has a very non-traditional color combo:  Rose Gold & Navy.  I used SSS Poinsettia Background & colored with a blue Zig & wet brush.  
The W&W Noel die cut was stacked 3 high & also embossed in the Rose Gold powder.  I tried a variety of foliage & colors, but in the end I chose the branches from SSS Christmas Foliage embossed in the Rose Gold powder.  
I didn't like a blue or white edge, so I covered the edges of the card front in Versamark & embossed in Rose Gold.  I really enjoyed coloring & now I want to try using pink or red.  I'm entering SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday & Kathy's Coloring Challenge via IG.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

22 comments:

  1. So many beautiful works. Your first card is stunning, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous creations, Greta!
    And: there is a birthday candy on my blog! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the off the edge card and the technique you used for it. Sure came out so pretty. Cute card with the HA products and great unconventional colors for the last card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first card is absolutely beautiful Greta, one of my favourite PB's and definitely my favourite stamping technique. The other two card are of course lovely.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a collection of cards. You’ve been busy making cheer! Love each of the styles, enjoy your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great collection of cards Greta. I really like them all but the one for the CAS Mix Up challenge is my favourite (I would say that wouldn't I?), The fact that your image goes off all 4 edges is great and it looks amazing on the kraft base. I love how it turned out and those splatters xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful set of cards, Greta! The watercolor effect on the first one is gorgeous! Your slimline card is adorable and the color combo on the third is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty that first card is. I love the effect you have created. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful Greta! I am swooning over the first one, my goodness is it ever beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how pretty your first card is, Greta! Lovely water color flowers! Wonderful slimline card, so cute! And, stunning rose gold and navy on your last card! All amazing cards! Take care and have a great weekend, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your off the edge peonies are gorgeous, Greta! I love the pink with the tan background and gold embossing! Loving your Christmas cards too! What fun images on your slimline card and a fantastic non-traditional color combo on the last! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your first card is gorgeous Greta, I love the spritzed effect you achieved. Your second shouts Christmas and fun, love it. Your third is amazing, different colours, but so very effective and beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three wonderful and creative cards Greta. Love the way the technique has turned out on your first unique and beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your cards are amazingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely collection of cards, Greta. I do love your style. Thanks for joining Gail and me at the two challenges, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Greta for sharing all your beautiful cards. I am so pleased you joined CAS Mix Up with your Gorgeous watercolored off the edge Birthday card. I love your color combo, gold embossed sentiment and square format. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creating all round Greta. I adore the soft water colour look on the first card. The Hero Arts kit provided a fun and whimsical card and the elegant Noel card is truly lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three wonderful cards Greta. Looks like you've had lots of inky fun! Especially love your off-the-edge peony card with the kraft background. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the softness and ethereal look of your flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are all wonderful cards but I am loving the first one... So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards Greta. Very cute little snowman. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! and Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  21. All fabulous cards! Your floral card is so pretty and perfect for both CAS Mix Up and PBSC! Thanks so much for joining us:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many wonderful cards, Greta! You've certainly been very busy!!! Your PB card is beautiful with that lovely panel and the large border really sets off those pretty flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at PB Saturday Challenge this month Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.