Monday, November 2, 2020

Christmas Card & Christmas Tag

I made another Christmas shaker card.  This time I used my new HA die called Greenery Medallion Fancy die.  
I brushed on New Leaf ink & covered the berries with Christmas Red Stickles.  I used 2 circle dies to cut a white background & covered the center with acetate.  The shaker mix is Shaved Ice & seed beads.  The Winnie & Walter Joy die cut was stacked 3 high, inked in New Leaf, brushed with a shimmer pen & covered in Nuvo Glaze.
Hurrah--finally used a piece of this wonderful striped paper I've had for years!  The W&W sentiment is stamped in Pure Poppy.  I'm entering ABNH, JUGS, NBUS & SSS Wednesday.



This is Tracey's 10th year doing The 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  What an accomplishment!  I love this event even though I don't use many tags for gifts.  Instead, most of mine end up as focal points on cards.  Here's one from last year. 
I won't make a tag every day, but I did make a tag yesterday & today.  Here's my Day 1 Tag inspired by Candice.  
Her tag die reminded me of this one by PTI plus I love poinsettias & knew I had black & white DP in my stash.  I changed the colors from red & gold to raspberry pink & silver.  Other than that, I totally cased Candice.  The HA Paper Layering Poinsettia die cuts were colored with a Zig spread with a water brush.  The center was colored with a silver shimmer pen & I splattered Distress Stain Brushed Pewter.
I white embossed the sentiment from an old HA set & die cut Impression Obsession branches & snowflake.  Finished off with silver Nuvo Drops & silver trim which I think is SU--a gift.  I'm also entering WAW.
Edited to add:  Forgot to add my tag to SSS Monday.



Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

21 comments:

  1. Don't think I have seen a wreath made as a shaker card before. What a great idea and I love the pink poinsettia. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, that wreath is cool and the colors are such fun. Your tag is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful, Greta!! I adore each and every one, and I can safely say you've inspired me to keep my little tag workshop going! :) Thank you so much for all the love over on my blog and I hear ya - it's so easy to get behind on visiting - but I'm happy to share a cuppa over your gorgeous creations this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...so much beauty on your post! Love your sweet card but your poinsettia tag is stunning, love the pink with the black background! Thank you so much for playing along with Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no way could i choose a fave from these three creations - love them all - the tan with the green tree is such a great color combo - the shaker is gorgeous - and the poinsettia is so lovely in that soft pink - and thanks for joining our ABNH challenge for October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creations! Love all of them! Thanks so much for sharing at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shaker card, that striped paper is gorgeous love the colours and that wreath. love that tag too, just a little different xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun shaker and all your fun designs.

    Well I guess the rain is here now.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your projects are fantastic. Great designs and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty little shaker card Greta! I like the non-traditional colors. Your pine tree with the frosty branches is wonderful and your tag is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty is the striped wreath shaker card? Love the shimmery bits behind the acetate and the lush look of the Joy when treated with Nuvo Glaze. I'm a big fan of poinsettias too and the pink/silver combo looks striking on the black and white background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A pretty shaker my friend and your tags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! What wonderful, colourful cards Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty shaped tag Greta. What an amazing shaker card. Great design, so unique and contemporary too x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely amazing cards and tags! Great use of the striped paper that you had saved for so long too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What pretty colored stripes with that neat wreath on your card. I remember loving that tree tag last year. But the cream was the last item - wow! what a great poinsettia die and combined with all the other elements is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shaker - lovely background!
    Also taken with the pink poinbsettia!
    Really enjoying taking part in 25 Days of Christmas Tags
    So much inspiration!
    Susan Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your take on this card! The pretty pink in the poinsettia against those white branches looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shaker card, Greta. Isn't it nice to use up that pattern paper! A great tag too. I don't use tags anymore but I love them and they are so quick to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.